Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is a low stress, well paid job?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭squigglestrebor

Yeah i cant think of anything more stressful haha , which is probably important to remember for the thread , everyone stresses in different ways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,434 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Have you tried dealing with a stroppy parent, telling you how their little darling is being bullied, when you know well that said little darling is actually the bully?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭CPTM

I don't see why quitting or going back in are the only options. No one is turning up with a gun to my head. The third option I'm taking is saying no and letting them start court proceedings or fire me if they want. Everyone has that third option. I don't know why someone would quit before trying that, saying as both ways you end up jobless but by quitting you definitely lose your job. Waiting to be fired at least allows you a slight opportunity that the company might change their mind when they realise that firing someone means hiring someone else who doesn't know as much, and at a time when it's quite difficult to hire people. They might do it yep, but they certainly might not and just surrender to you working from home. They survived 2 years of it afterall.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭squigglestrebor

Yeah i agree with you tbh!there is that 3rd option. My pals and admittedly myself didnt dig in, my job pays better than what i think i can get elsewhere haha so felt like id no choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

depends on your route i suppose, our local link driver only has a handful of OAP's to pick up everyday he say's he could do it in his sleep the same stop off's and pick up's everyday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

I'm in high stress tech sales, base is grand, commission brings comfortably into 6 figures but as yet not stress tested since I'm working long sales cycles in a startup.

If you were looking for high stress, high pay, I'd say enterprise tech sales - and better yet, sales management. VP's in enterprise SAAS sales make a fortune, alas it takes a certain robustness and not for the fainthearted!

If I could do it all again, I'd study dentistry. A long and arduous study path, but once you're fully qualified and a few years in, it's a bit like ground-hog day in a surgery with a growing book of business where you're doing the same day-to-day stuff, check-ups, cavities, the odd root canal, and grossing high. A bit of sales involved especially with the surge in cosmetic dentistry these days, a bit of stress in terms of dealing with anxious members of the public. But something you can leave in the office when you go home and flexibility around the hours you do if you're self-employed.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭HartsHat

Sub goalkeeper in the Premier League.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Really you think playing second fiddle, worrying about not getting a chance do demonstrate your skills, working about be transferred or dumped is not stressful?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Better to be third or fourth choice. Darren Randolph has the best job in the world. 50k a week to keep fit

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Ya, it does not work like that. There are very few people in any earning a good salary that is not concerned about their career etc... The idea of a stress free well paying job is just nonsense.

• Advertisement
Advertisement