Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Future Endeavors (New round of releases 21/9/23)

Options

Comments

Ali has a nice gimmick just a shame he's built like a senior infant.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kevin Patrick, (who was released a few weeks ago by WWE) has already found a new and lucrative job with MLS, hosting MLS 360

• Registered Users Posts: 30,831 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

• Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A good few days for a few of those fired winning Champions in NJPW & TNA.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

AEW is currently releasing people / doing mass cuts: List will be updated as reports come in.
    Edit: The belief is the released talents would be 100% free agents immediately:

Stu Grayson
    Dasha Gonzalez (Ring Announcer)
    The Boys (ROH) 🦚
    Jose The Assistant (LFI)
    Anthony Henry
    Slim J
    Jora Johl
    Gravity

• Advertisement

Xia Li done with WWE

Jinder Mahal and Xyon Quinn has been released

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Per Fightful Select:

WWE is making roster cuts. The following talent have been released:

Jinder Mahal
    Xia Li
    Xyon Quinn
    Veer
    Sanga

I guess not coming anymore as Veer has been released

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Drew and Finn haven't resigned apparently

• Advertisement

A move for Finn to AEW would be badly needed for him. Even in the JD he feels like an afterthought and a jobber. Outside of NXT he hasn’t done much. Finn would do well in AEW and would have some serious potential dream matches. Would love to see another Joe vs Finn match.

Drew id love to see him lose to Punk and completely snap and quit Ala like Batista did on Raw after losing to Cena.

I dunno… there's so so many people in that sort of bracket in AEW already… he could have some amazing one-off matches for sure, but in terms of carving out a narrative it might be trickier.

Yes it’s a fair point but other than a potential Priest Balor feud after that there’s nothing left for him in WWE.

He should job to Damian on the way out the door and then go to AEW and end his career with a catalog of bangers. Narrative wise he doesn’t need to worry he’s had his career.

He can leave it on a high in AEW rather than fade out in WWE.

That's true… you'd forget he's in his 40s.

Would be cool to do something like giving him a chase for the ROH Pure title, and use that as a mechanism for loads of great matches after.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Would a successful spell in AEW and/or ROH potentially give him a shot at one more big championship run in WWE down the line? Maybe not as big a story as Cody, but at least a chance to carry the big belt for longer than he did after his shoulder injury. No idea if it's something he'd push for himself, or if dream matches and elevating future generations are his big focus now.

WWE would be stupid to let them go, they need to resign, Drew is in top form, a great feud with Punk and CATC ppv

Finn vs. Priest will be awesome when it eventually happens down the line soon, I feel with Rhea out and Dom likely to SD in the draft to maybe takeover LWO or join Santos, TJD could be over, Finn could team with JDM for the tag titles

There is no disputing both would be good gets for AEW, top matches but I'd prefer them staying in WWE

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

One worry is that TK has money to burn and will do his upmost to get 'some new toys' for his collection

Drew is doing brilliant work so far and Finn much better as a heel than the smily faced babyface

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Can't see the pair of them going anywhere unless Tony offers them telephone numbers.

The WWE is clearly white hot at the minute and the pair of them are relatively well placed.

Am I nieve to think the alure of "dream matches" is entirely minimal to these guys or anyone of that matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Of course it’s minimal to them.

The only thing that matters is income, so whatever makes the most money long-term is the place to be.

why can’t it be both. Endeavour are notoriously low ballers when it comes to contracts as evident in UFC. AEW can offer the huge salaries and the allure of dream matches.

I wouldn’t think it’s as clear cut as saying both are going no where. I do think Prince Devitt and Drew Galloway have one last run in themselves as those characters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I think we've seen those salary figures for the WWE/AEW stars.

On paper the AEW talent are better paid but I'd imagine incorporating merchandise and everything else with the WWE juggernaut I'd say payment rates a better in WWE.

actually Mace and Mansoor were explaining on Mavens YouTube (there’s a sentence I thought I’d never say) that WWE now caps the merch/PLE/Royalities meaning the most you can make on them is whatever your downside figure per year is.

So they were on $120k a year the most they could make in extras would be $120k a year.

Given the reported AEW salaries of late and the much lighter work schedule. I think AEW is more cash beneficial per dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I can't see Drew or Finn leaving unless AEW offer them something that is really going to suit their point in life. But both guys are in their peak arguably and now working under someone who believes in them wholeheartedly. It's not the time at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

There is also that sentiment of job for life I would say. They were brought in by Triple H in NXT and outside of the ring, you would feel they will have a job behind the scenes in the same vein as Bobby Roode does now

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Apparently von Wagner was also released last week

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Petermc83

you only need to see how ex WWE mid carders have faired over in AEW over the last few years to see that the grass isn’t always greener on the other side.
    Guys like Miro, Malakai Black, Adam Coke Havnt really set the world on fire since they arrived have they?!
    And look how AEW have booked Jay White since they signed him.. he was supposedly the hottest free agent last year but is an after thought atm.
    Finn and Drew are in big storylines atm and as another poster said, with Hunter now in charge, the future is a lot brighter for talent to thrive there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Cameron Grimes apparently gone. Feel bad for him, he got called up when Vince was around

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Seems like anyone who came up from NXT in the draft and vanished is a goner, Apollo crews and odyssey Jones should probably hide their phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭ThePott

Cameron Grimes is a bit of a shame.

His million dollar man gimmick in NXT and feud with LA Knight was a lot of fun and they guy had talent for sure. Him being called up by Vince and then never really used was a real waste but figured Triple H might use him since he was used in NXT. Definitely feels like anyone called up under Vince not being used might be on the chopping block.

Cameron Grimes is only 30 though, he's got plenty of time to work his way back to WWE if he wants, or put in a shift at TNA or AEW.

• Advertisement

Advertisement