Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeans

Options
  • 28-04-2022 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭

Hey all

Anyone any experience ordering from https://www.hoodjeans.co.uk are their gear any good ?

Looking at the K7 which is AAA rated and will get the CE 2 level amour with it

Also anyone got any other recommendations for jeans? would be looking at wearing them all day in the office on the 1 day a week im in the office :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I have Bike Shed jeans... they are double layer like the hoods, but the inner layer is not abrasion resistant, it's just there to hold the armour. I find them a bit heavy when off the bike... but they are actually comfortable and look good. I may go for Hood jeans next, I'd like single layer, but the recent video from Bennet's is quite clear on the benefits of two layers...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭goblin59

came up in a whats app group chat i'm in.

https://youtu.be/n22vtWc8QRw

One of my mates bought his resugence Jeans from Urban rider, and I'd probally do the same in future. I've a pair from XLmoto, but I've actually worn the motorcycle jeans more often than I thought I would, so my next pair I'll definitely buy a decent set.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Cheers lads...

id a look at Urban rider there and it has my least favorite words on it " slim fit" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I got a pair of Bull-it Mens Covert Blue Easy in Bikeworld a while back: very happy with them. Proper cut/fit for me, as I find the fitting of many of them strange. 36"W/30"L and sit nice when on the bike - legs a tiny bit long long off the bike, but perfect on it and not riding up (or down at the back).

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Does bikeworld have a decent stock ? id really like to try this stuff on but would have to travel up and wouldnt want to make it a wasted journey

• Advertisement

kinda - I had visited previously and found nothing to suit, but the next visit I lucked out.

Cotters have a good selection but again I couldn't find something I was comfortable in (for me), so that's all down to me.

Whereabouts are you ?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Limerick, motorcycle shops have fairly small gear sections down here, full of bikes though :P

My lad got gear in Meskells recently, but again, it's just luck really.

Did you try Lee Honda, in Cork ?

Ode To The Motorist

Lee is my next port of call. Will spin down the next weekend I'm free. I've bought two bikes off them though so it's always a risk 🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭goblin59

if your down by cork, try freeman motorcycles too. Might have something in stock.

AMI in gorey have knox stuff, so they might do the Knox jeans as well

• Advertisement
Advertisement