Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is a weird food combo that only you eat?

Options
2»

Comments

Smash (instant mash), jalepeneos and beans mixed in a big bowl.

Bread, butter, brown sauce, hot sauce and tomato sauce sandwiches.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Was at a party some years back and there was a table of food, i sliced a Ferrero Rocher in half and put each half on the end of a cocktail sausage

Popped the whole thing in my mouth.....absolutely divine, had that a few times since and never ceases to amaze me

• Registered Users Posts: 24,387 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

That reminds me of the Billy Connolly joke about going around BBC dinner parties with a plate of sausage salad.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Grilled cheese sandwich topped with kimchi

Fried mushrooms, peppers and onions, spiced with garam masala and then some feta crumbled in. That's actually my favourite weekend breakfast right now.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I enjoy a Toasted sandwich (from the "breville style" yoke that seals the sandwich) with Sardines and an egg cracked in on top so that as the toastie cooks the egg sort gets poached into the bread and the sardines..I sometimes add a slide of strong Cheddar cheese in there too.

Has to be Sardines in Tomato sauce though.

Awesome..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Fish finger sandwiches. nom!

or

Fire half a tin of beans into your mash spud and mix!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Just knew that this thread would be full of people's "not weird, at all, combos".

Going by this thread, I think people would find most of what we eat "weird".

My wife thinks I'm weird for liking butter, marmite and honey on ryvita.

We both enjoy marmite on cucumber.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

Cream cheese and jam on a bagel is very common in the States, and I believe something approaching the default topping in the Netherlands - so, jam and cheese sandwiches with notions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Love sausages and marmalade

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭put_the_kettle_on

My favourite combo is chicken liver paté on toast with apricot jam. Delish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭thefallingman

crisps dipped in chef brown sauce

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭black & white

Fish finger and beans sambos are lovely, ditto sausage and/or bacon and beans sambos. Some people add a fried egg but it makes it a bit slimey for me.

That's so normal that some pates come with the jam already attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭put_the_kettle_on

Sums me up really. Always wanted to be quirky and interesting but no, I remain stubbornly normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Another weird combo. Guy I used to help in a delivery rigid in the early 90s used to pull over to the side of the road and shave using one of those old orange disposable razors. He'd then proceed to breakfast, dipping banana into his tin of sardines.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Brown sauce in your tea, fuck8ng delish man

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Deli Sambo.

Sausages, hash browns and egg mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭trashcan

Crisp and tomato sandwiches is about as weird as I get. Must be eaten straight after being prepared though, no letting it get soggy. Bit of Mayo added for extra oomph. Works equally as well in a roll, if not better.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,825 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

When I was a kid a friend introduced me to banana and brown sugar sambos!

my own invention was a Tayto Cheese and Onion sambo on Brennans white, real butter (none of your spread shite), and about half a crumbled bar of Cadburys Flake sprinkled around the crisps…… I must revisit it sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭micah537

I have seen two odd lunches in delis around Galway.

First one, tuna, sausages and jalapeño in a roll with a little ketchup.

Second one, tuna with fried egg, egg mayonnaise and coleslaw. Very messy looking.

On work experience on a building site, someone used to make pot noodle sandwiches with chickatees or cheetos.

I don't think jam and cheese is that unique, I used to eat it as a kid and dad had sugar and either banana or tomatoe sandwiches.

• Advertisement

Assuming that's not fresh tuna is that not egg mixed with egg mixed with egg mixed with egg.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Not weird, but a great combo. Fried eggs with Old Bay and Tabasco.

Try it. Life changing.

Advertisement