Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private carers for a few hours a week

Options
  • 25-04-2022 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know of any private carers or individuals who'd be willing to do just a few hrs a week, say 3-5. My mother and father already have publicly funded home help but my downsyndrome brother is at home as well and if my dad wants to go out he can't really leave them on their own.

They're in the Drumcondra area of Dublin.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭niallb

You may find it easier and more reliable dealing with an agency for such a small number of hours.

We used one for help with my mother and the flexibility was well worth the higher per hour price.

If a carer had a problem coming, there was a replacement available and if we needed more cover or less cover in one particular week it was very easy to arrange. At 3-5 hours the difference in cost would be marginal.

The group that worked with us has a national presence and definitely cover your area.

I can't post the name here as it would be seen as advertising, but if you're interested in the name drop me a PM.

Advertisement