Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Beep s

• 21-04-2022 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I've signed up for beep a bit I'm still getting messages saying when closing date is, is everyone gettin the messages?

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mf 265

Beep s

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mf 265

• Registered Users Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Yes, got reminder yesterday and signed up last week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Dunedin

Yes, signed up and still getting messages

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

There was a warning to hit the Submit button.

You will know if your application was successful by trying to reapply - if you were successful in the previous one - the option won't available for subsequent attempts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Thekeencyclist

Has anyone got an confirmation of application approval yet for this years Beep S???

Just checked Agfood there and my application is still showing as been "online application submitted"......

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Easten

Mine is still showing the same. I'm going to go ahead and do the Dung sampling and weighing next week regardless

• Registered Users Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭tanko

Got the dung samples done with Oldcastle labs, €40 this year, think it was €25 last year, how much are other labs?

farmlabs are €6 for the sets then they charge €30/set to test and that's as long as you test before the end of July then it goes to €40 after

Post edited by Easten on

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Thekeencyclist

Just dug back through my emails there, Farmlabs emailed there customers that ordered test kits in 2020 on June 16th last year to determine who wanted to get them for 2021. They were 30euro if the samples were back with them by August 1st, 40euro if returned between August 2nd and August 28th and 50euro after that up until September 17th. After that, samples would not be tested.

Hopefully similar email is on its way in the next few days......

• Advertisement

yes you are correct, I should have said end of July

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭hopeso

When is the deadline for having the samples done this year?

I'm don't seem to be getting any reminder texts from the dept. at all this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,076 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Oldcastle labs said last week they want the samples by end of August

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

2nd September Farmlab

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭jfh

Damn, only saw this now, I've got kit of farmlabs, they recommend not sending by post on a Friday as samples are sitting in transit for few days but probably makes no difference, anyone else post samples on a Friday?

Sent ours yesterday by registered post, arrived today. Over 8 euro to post them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

Did mine a few weeks ago with Farm Labs. Results back in a few days. Negative in both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭jfh

Since the start of this scheme, all my results have been negative, I was hoping to leave until Oct to get a better idea but I understand why the labs need them before then

Yes, my vet said it's a waste of time sampling this time of year.

• Advertisement

Got ours weighed this evening. Heaviest cow was 962 kg , another at 900kg and another at 880kg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,736 ✭✭✭893bet

What age are they?

Are their calves the best calves with the highest daily gain etc?

Are they cows you are keeping or prepping for the factory?

Wonder would it be worth stringing them up if they have a few years on them and replacing with smaller more efficient animals.

Our ranged from 580-780kg. Mostly Limos

The 962 kg is 8 years old. Her heifer calf was born may 1st and weighed 235kg. That's just under 1.6kg dlg per day. She's a tank. All the cows we weighed have calves on them. All pb Angus.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Katie 2018

Weighed all yesterday an have to say disappointed with calf weights.back 40 to 50kg on this time last year.same bull calving at near the same time as last year.jan, Feb born lim calves.went with same fertilizer ,creep feeding as usual.nothing changed from year before. No sickness either

• Registered Users Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

My first thoughts are how’s your cows looking for milk & what’s your grass quality like.

We were running short on grass here in June (before silage cut) and you’d notice it in the calf performance, when they went on good grass the cows bags filled and calves started to kick off

If your calf’s coat is dull, no harm in vitamin drench

40 or 50kg is a lot in a calf? Is the difference noticeable looking at the calves? I know those scales are supposed to be calibrated and everything, but I wonder if it's possible they were out one of the years, especially if it was a rented scales.....Were the cow's weights similar to last year?

Cows weighed similar to last year.calibrated scales yesterday so they working fine.dont think was great year for grass it never got ahead of me.doubt il just keep for an extra month build them up a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭tanko

When you stand on the scales you know whether they’re working right or not😎.

Yeh I do that every time I use it.i seem to have better dwg😄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,681 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

When is the deadline for the dung samples (Faecal Egg Testing) to be sent in?

I got a text from the Dept (DAFM) saying the 01 Oct 2022.

Terms and Coonditions say;

7.3 Action 3; Faecal Egg Testing

Faecal Egg Testing is targeted at the control of Liver and Rumen Fluke in adult suckler cows. Samples must be taken and submitted to approved laboratories (these can be found on Department website, at www.gov.ie/agriculture before 03 October 2022. Participants should carefully read Annex 4 for further details on this action

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

Advertisement