Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone been prescribed Paxlovid yet?

Options
  • 19-04-2022 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭

I keep seeing friends in the US and UK being prescribed this and finding it fantastic, turns nasty symptoms around in 24 hrs, generally are recovered around day 3.

Are we getting it here yet? Has anyone had it prescribed or are there criteria to fulfill etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Apothic_Red

After seeing today's swabbing figures I don't think we'll need it.

Remember reading that the US & UK had bought up nearly all the initial supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Yeah looks like only 5000 doses came into the country - fat chance any of the plebs will have of seeing any of that. It'll be reserved for "dignitaries" I'm sure, but we'll be told it's the highly vulnerable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Not true.

Its reserved for patients who are immunocompromised and on doctors/ consultant recommendation only .

If said 'dignitary ' fulfils that criteria then so be it .

Do you ? If so contact your GP if you've symptoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Yes and I've 2 people in the family who are too. With only 5000 in the country I'd think it'll be very hard to get though. I suppose I shouldn't have used the word dignitaries there, I more meant when it comes down to doctor discretion I don't think administration is always fair. It definitely was not in my region with the vaccine. I had neighbours in their 30s who got it at the GP during the over 70s rollout due to depression for instance. They were also good friends of the GP.

Also been reading on twitter that some Long Covid patients are finding it's radically improving their symptoms in a week in some cases. Very interesting!I hope that it will be available for them too in time.

Advertisement