Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cards in Rugby

• 17-04-2022 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2 Canines

I believe the number of cards being issued now will match or exceed the number of scrums or Lineouts in a game ,most cards issued in yesterdays games were unavoidable but obviously by the letter of the law the referee was correct , managing the cards now will become as important as managing set pieces or any other part of the game ,you can conceivably now go down to 13 men or be up against 13 men very quickly ,again yesterday we saw a front row player being binned resulting in the team reducing to 13 when the next scrum was awarded

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭phog

Perhaps we'll see tackling techniques being adapted to meet the new laws/guidelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Canines

Most of these tackles are unintended ,nothing to do with tackle technique

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭phog

I can only talk about what I saw but poor technique contributed to the ones I saw.

Maybe guys were tackling correctly in the ones you saw and then by some unknown power the tackler made head contact.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,822 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The vast vast majority of reds for high tackle can be directly attributed to tackle technique

The "unintended" collisions are more often acknowledged (like JGPs citing)

There are 20+ lineouts a game generally. Just sayin.

• Advertisement

Have a read of some of the quotes from the former England hooker Steve Thompson's new book where he's talking about the early onset dementia he's dealing with, and then try to put forward a serious argument that spoiling so called fan's experience of watching a game is more important that protecting players from repeated hits to the head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I am involved in coaching my sons u8 team. We are introduced them to tackling this year. They know that they have to tackle low. If my son sees anything that involves contact above the chest he's immediately shouting "red card". That to me suggests that WR and the refs are doing their job.

WR need to stick with these rules. Players need to get better at adapting. It's critical for the next generation of rugby players that everything is done to to minimise head contact. We now know that there is long lasting effects from such collisions.

Advertisement