Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent increase: What is a comparable property?

Options
  • 15-04-2022 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,

I'm paying €1900 pm for a 1 bed, 1 bath BER exempt apartment in Ballsbridge, which I would have considered on the high end of the market. LL recently served notice of a rent increase but imo the three "comparable" properties they have provided as examples are not similar to mine as although they are also 1 bed, 1 bath they also include within the rental price things like a conceierge service, private gym, maid service, heating and electricity, etc. The notices also don't indicate the size of the properties.

Does anyone know if there is any official criteria by which properties can be deemed to be comparable? Is it just number of beds and baths or are other things taken into account like BER and included amenities? I'd welcome any advice.

Comments

Advertisement