Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dutch steel Cruisers

Options
  • 13-04-2022 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭

Hello,

Do dutch stell cruisers make good coastal or near shore cruisers? I see a few for sale in Ireland recently.

David.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭POBox19

I would think that would depend on the hull shape. The Dutch build great cruisers for all waters. A lot I've seen imported here have been designed for Dutch canals so may not be very comfortable at sea.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

A lot of them also have small diesel engines for cruising the lakes and rivers and might be powerful enough for sea winds and tides, you might have to paint it every year with the salt in the air and water, may also have more problems electrolysis saying that I'm sure there are some that will do the job.

Advertisement