Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying tires in NI ?

Options
  • 11-04-2022 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭

The tires front and back on my Yamaha XMax 250 cc are due for renewal .Would i save money by going up to Northern Ireland and buying there ? Also would buying on-line be an option ? and would any motorcycle repair shop fit them ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭goblin59

I got tyres off grip500.ie, but the shop they recommended, DC tyres, doesn't fit motorcycle tyres, they're just happy to receive them for collection.

if you are confident fitting the tyres yourself then buy online, but no shop in Dublin will fit tyres they didn't supply unfortunatly.

Mototempo in Fermanagh and Visorshop in Newry are the two that come to mind for tyres up north near the border.

Keep in mind the fuel you'll spend getting there and back, £ to € FX rate and their fitting fees. Might not be that much cheaper.

I don't mind using mototempo as I go past there on my way to my folks place anyway from Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Gem will fit tyres you supply, I've used them twice, and as recently as last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

Thank you both for useful replies .

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Any half decent car tyre fitter will fit and balance bike tyres surely? A local guy here did for me at least.

Advertisement