Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Parkrun on the northside of Dublin is the fastest to race?

Options
  • 11-04-2022 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping to try one out this coming Saturday and looking for a confidence booster. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭marathon2022

Malahide

• Registered Users Posts: 16,110 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Darndale is flat and fast and you'll have plenty of, ahem, running room. Two things: make sure it's on before you go; and like time trialling because you'll be running most of it alone.

Father Collins is flat enough but there are a few tight turns.

Malahide has big turn outs so you'd have plenty of people to run with.

I can't say anything about the others, except avoid Ardgillan if you're looking for a good time. 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 11,130 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Poppintree is fairly flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Runster

Fair play to Darndale for setting one up.

I probably wouldn't do one where I'm running alone or I'll go off course.

Looks like its either Malahide, St Annes or Poppintree.

I thought St Annes was faster than Malahide but no mention of it here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,420 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

I'd say with St. Anne's having to revert to the alternative route, which has a steepish hill that has to be run twice, Malahide is indisputably now the fastest. Poppintree is probably second, but can be quite challenging with wind around more exposed areas of the park - check the weather if you're considering it. Both have a good range of abilities to drag you along.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Donabate Newbridge house, has changed its course recently and is very quick. The course does the forest path twice, which has a nice downhill section and only a very gradual incline. Last weekend, 1st was 17-33 with 19 PB's (perfect weather). The first week they had the new course, I ran a PB.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

I've found Fr Collins faster than Malahide and St Annes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

The turns aren't great, though it's very flat. I wouldn't like to be going all out and doing it on my own. Malahide and St. Annes generally have plenty of fast runners which always helps. I've heard good things about the Donabate course, need to get to it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Hartstown hasn't got a shout here yet ? Two laps, no steep hills to worry about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

+1 to this, a very fast course with lots of all levels to pull you around - the wind can be factor though. The surface in Malahide can be a factor, there's a mix of grass & forest trails IRRC, unless it's changed since I was last there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Newbridge, Donabate is the fastest in my experience. No hassles parking either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭sk8board

+1 for the new course in Newbridge house Donabate.

malahide is fast but I’ve always found the grass start a bit of a faff, and unless you’re used to the loop you’ll need runners around you as the course can be confusing first time around for sure

Advertisement