Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Company Car and installing charger at home

• 09-04-2022 8:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

Hi,

If I get a company car through my limited company, and have no other EV is the company my allowed install a charger at my house?

Not sure if here or taxation section is more appropriate.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

Have you contacted the SEAI and asked about getting the grant?

I got a company car but it was via my company and large leasing company. Just before I got SEAI changed all the regulations so they couldn't put under my name so I could claim all the grants etc. I was lucky as I had one installed myself.

Also if you do under the company I think you still get tax back or something for the electicity you use for charging. So it depends on which way you want to do it. It might be better to do via the company

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,330 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I bought everything needed for the install through the company then just paid a friendly electrician to connect it up I had all the cables etc ran myself he hadn't much to do.

Did anyone bill the company back for usage or maybe use it as a cash contribution to running costs to reduce your bik...would you need some kind of monitor to show you had charged so much at home in case of an audit?

Advertisement