Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 273

Options
  • 08-04-2022 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭

looking forward to this.

So obviously we have Garry who has a thread about him, then the three main events.

I'd love the Zombie to win, it would be up one of the feelgood stories of sport , but Volk is an ATG and probably wins on points or late finish sadly.

Yan v Sterling should be very good like their first match ,bookies fav Yan hugely which seems odd but it is what it is. Yep Yan is the fav, but Sterling is quality IMO.

However must pumped for Burns v Khamzat. This is the first elite fighter Khamzat has fought, so if he wins and dominantly then the hype train will go into serious overdrive.

They won't admit it, but the likes of Usman, Izzy and even Colby will be praying for Burns to pull off the upset.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DiamondsBernie

I don't really see too much in Garry. Weeks is a very live underdog. I hope Yan KO's Sterling. I'm not really sure what will happen if Chimaev gets Burns down because a lot of people never really wanted anything to do with Burns on the ground so it will be interesting to see. I am also looking forward to Dern vs Torres. I have a feeling Dern will get the submission even though shes got terrible take down techniques. If she somehow got on top, the fight should be over pretty quick because Tecia has given her back up a few times.

Haven't been looking forward to a card as much as this in a long time.

On BT Sport 1, to boot...unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Buzzing for this in a few hours! Pichel v Madsen is a sneaky good fight as well! It will be great for MMA to have Chimaev become this absolute killer at WW and maybe MW, but I do like Burns. Hard not to feel that Chimaev is this unstoppable force.

Yan and Volk imo are the 2 best fighters in the world, amazing, amazing talents. I fully expect both to win, although Sterling is really good and honestly he's capable of pulling off the upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Jung winning would be up there with Bisping for me, just a fairytale

It'll probably be his last title shot also

I think one of jung burns or sterling has a chance of winning, burns/jung can finish a fight with one punch, sterling has great subs but it seems unlikely he'll get yan down

The sterling yan fight will be closer this time imo, the man has to prove it to the world and

all the doubters that he can hang with yan and he'll have learnt plenty from the first fight.

I think he'll nick a round or two but will need to start well

I would laugh my head off if Burns got a ko and derailed the hype train and I like burns, would like

to see him get another crack at Usman also, would have learnt plenty from his first crack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I think so too!

Has any man ever received the kind of backlash Sterling has received since winning like that? The whole world said he was lucky and

the whole world expects him to lose and will probably receive more abuse if he loses badly.

He'll surely have trained his ass off so bad to prove everyone wrong, if that hasn't motivated him nothing will and he does look in phenomenal shape.

One judge gave sterling the first two rounds last time, a more patient approach this time might pay dividends, he could win the first round

or two (even 3) but be holding on for dear life late on.....that's my prediction anyway, he started way to quick last time out.

I also think usman and colby will be hoping burns wins, especially colby who will probably have to

face khamzat if he wins

He could be a nightmare for Izzy also

Good match between Pennington and Ladd.

Hernandez and Fremd interesting first round, Fremd started ok, Hernandez with good grappling then. Fremd looking out on his feet before the end of the round already.

I'd have it a round apiece though Hernandez came on strong right at the end of round 2. Strange fight, likely 1-1 with 5 to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Garry struggling here a bit without being in danger. Doesn't seem to know what to do if he isn't counter punching.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Please... For the love of God take the mic away from Ian.

• Advertisement

Unless Sterling can show something he didn't in the first fight I see the main event finishing maybe in the 3rd, Yan just ground and pound him into nothing.

That Dern/Torres second round was enthralling.

Dern is an artist on the ground and Torres did brilliantly to stay composed.

I'd have that fairly clear by a round for Chimaev. Who the **** knows though? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Still Ill

What a fight! So good!

WWE judges.

I backed Burns, but I thought the judges called that right. 29-28

Burns had round 2. It was a split decision, at least. WWE.

What a shame it was only a three rounder.

Chimaev has a chin like a sea wall.

• Advertisement

Of course tonight goes long when I've something else to watch at 6. :P

Yan KO/TKO Round 2 I went for.

Did I mishear it? I thought it was a unanimous decision?

Yeah.. That means all three judges scored it that Chimaev won two rounds and Burns won one.

Unanimous means all three judges agreed that Chimaev won.

Yan did well to survive that round

And the third so far.

Sterling won the crowd around, losing them again with the ground stuff.

I don't think that'll bother him too much!

Not if he wins nah. If he gets KTFOed before the end though maybe.

• Advertisement

All down to this round. Has to be 2-2

Advertisement