Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading Alarm/New Alarm

Options
  • 08-04-2022 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Good Evening, after a few hours of research into our house alarm I've run into a bit of a wall and need some help/advice-

We moved into a house with a disabled phone watch alarm system (the phone cable is cut) but the alarm appears to arm. Google tells me its a Simon 3 panel. and each window and door has wireless battery powered sensor along with some PIRs. I've got the manual for the Simon 3 panel but it seems incredibly complicated for a simple alarm.

I find the panel awkward and outdated and I'm considering either completely removing the system and installing a Yale Sync Alarm system or upgrading the hub using the existing sensors. I'd go with the YALE however it seems that the Yale system doesn't have any shock sensors which would mean that we'd have to rely on PIR's. This would be a disaster for part setting the system at night, as our young kids would set off the PIRs in the mornings when they go downstairs?

My question is- can we get a new "hub" for our existing sensors in the house to modernise our alarm panel. I'd like an app linked alarm that allows for notifications and to be full set on departure and part set at night. I have absolutely no interest in a professionally monitored alarm or any type of subscription. Is there any simple to install system/hub where I can use my existing sensors (Aritech RF 620I4)? I've found some reference to a "zerowire" system but can't seem to find it for sale anywhere! Any help welcome please...

Comments

Advertisement