Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW32 Transfer thread

Options
  • 07-04-2022 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Surprised theres no thread already! Plan was Ricky to Nacho and carry my 2nd FT but unsure now. Will see how they go tonight but forward options are poor this season

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,236 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Seriously have to do something about my front 3 i.e. Weggie, Adams and Dennis, getting me FA

Cucho, Mateta, Nacho? Can even raise funds for Kane for a hit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

6 points between myself and the next in line in my league. Really want to pip this lad and keep in front.

Ramsdale, Sanchez

TAA, Cancelo, White, Dalot, Livramento

Saka, Salah, Gray, Coutinho, Kulu

Dennis, Pukki, Kane

Was tempted to move Kulu and bring Bowen in, but any help or advice greatly appreciated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭The Guru 123

Advice would be extremely chip dependent. What do you have left to use?

Need to replace Tierney and get someone that'll double in 33 & 36 so probably will be just Tierney>White.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Is it madness to be thinking about selling Salah for KDB or even Bruno for two weeks?

I'm chasing 65 points in my work league need to do something.

This is my team atm

Sa

Trent, White, Cancelo, Rudiger

Saka, Barnes, Havertz, Salah

Weghorst, Kane

Bachmann, Livramento Sissoko and Broja on the bench 0.7 in the bank.

I'm thinking of Bringing in Doherty for Livra and Bruno for Salah playing 5 at the back and just Kane up front. Bring KDB in then after Uniteds double or bring back Salah if needed.

Post edited by How Soon Is Now on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭crushproof

I'm in the same position, 54 points behind in the main ML and with a big money pot on offers so I need to do something special. Salah out could be the key, but could be a disaster if he hits form.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,181 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I don't think many will have Salah captained this week, especially at the top of ML's. He's not in good form, and away to City. So even if you don't have Salah, I don't think you'll get double punished like you would have earlier in the season.

If I was to go without him it would be for his game against City and United then see how everything went and if I still have a chance of winning!

I really want KDB for the run in this might be the only way unless I sell Trent or Kane.

Salah has to improve at some stage though especially as Liverpool are involved in so many areas so there's serious fear there!

Yeah I'm gonna see how this GW plays out before committing to buying him or not.

I have 2 FTs to use and thinking of downgrading Robbo this week to free up funds and I'll be able to get Salah for 33, or even 34 if needed. There is also the option of Jota who seems to be hitting some form again after his injury, even if he did miss a good chance midweek. Would be some sort of coverage there then. Can't go with just 1 Liverpool player.

Jota is an option but the rotation risk could be a thing at this stage of the season if your getting blanks its gonna really cost you. The only way I see him playing every game is if there's an injury there especially with Diaz doing so well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭jockey#1

What are your thoughts on this team?I'm a couple of hundred points off the leader in my ML. Wildcard active, still have BB, TC and one free hit left.

The main reason I would pick Jota over Diaz is that he is still capable of scoring off of the bench, as we saw last season. I don't think he has scored from the bench this season though. I think he does have a higher goal threat than Diaz alright, even while his minutes are reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Very worried that Weghorst mightn't start against Norwich and subsequently his DGW after, but I just can't get rid of him now due to needing to sort other transfers for the DGW.

Jiminez to Adams done

• Registered Users Posts: 17,236 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Have the exact funds for Adams/Dennis out for Kane/Mateta for a -4 leaving me nowt it

Might even give Harry the armband

Bowen is hitting form again. Scored again tonight in Europe. He could be a bit of a differential.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭macraignil

He does look sharp since coming back so brought him in myself with my free transfer. Going to give him the armband this week as well as my other options look to have tougher games.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Interesting that you would go without for City and United. I am of the view that you risk the blank against City for the potential truck load of points he could get against United. United are dreadful, have nothing to play for and are effectively "on the beach". They'll be easy fodder for the likes of Liverpool and City.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Tempted to play bench boost, everyone seems to be fit and probably playing, 2 fh left so that limits options for double weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

100% agree with this.

As much as I'd love to swap Salah for Son or KDB, I can't go without him against United.

I'm a United fan and can honestly see a drubbing from Liverpool. Players are completely disinterested, no cohesion, simply not arsed.

Liverpool are a much better side and everything to play for. Might change if ETH is announced before the game but even still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

took out salah for kdb

I think he'll outscore salah by some way over the next 4/5 games and he's in decent form

regretted captaining salah last week but with kane being the alternative I dodged a bullet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

Okay if I had that team and those chips left I'd be probably leaning towards FH in 33 and I'd be building towards BB in 36. So if you do that you have to use both transfers this week or else you'll lose one. Maybe something like Doc and Schmeichel for Sanchez and Dalot if it's affordable? You'd need maybe 0.5 in the bank I'd say to afford this.

Maybe I'll just stick with Salah for now then and bring in Doherty instead.

I'll give him another game or two to see how things go he's to pricey to just sit there when I have ground to make up.

Kasper for Sa is another one im looking towards either this week or next.

Thinking of moving Robbo -> Schar.

It seems a stupid move considering Robbo has returned 10 games in a row now. I would also be one Liverpool player less this GW, which is ok, but long term could be more tricky. TAA would be my only Liverpool player.

But I do like Newcastle's next 3 games and think that they will be the games to effectively guarantee their survival. It does also free up a lot of funds that can be used to buy Salah/premium in the next couple weeks.

Is it a bad move?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

You're 3 points from 4th place. It would be incredibly worrying if they've given up.

So for captain I have the following choices:

Bowen

Kane

Salah

Doherty

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Ricky to Nacho done. Tempted by others on here to do Salah to KDB with my 2nd FT

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Yep, that's the thing. It's still mathematically possible to get top 4 but doesn't appear to be any appetite to actually get it.

A lot of the players have clocked out and could be looking for transfers in the Summer so they're not arsed sticking around to get CL football for a club they mightn't be at next season. Sad for fans but that's the state of the club at the moment.

As bad as Everton are lately, I weirdly fancy them tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

Advertisement