Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford to Cork 06:25 Query

Options
  • 06-04-2022 8:45pm

Hey, has anyone ever got the bus from Merchants Quay Waterford to Cork city? I am just wondering if the bus actually comes at 06:25? I've been told its always fairly late.

I have to travel up to Cork for work and I dont want to get up earlier than I have to 😂

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

heard dublin coach hasnt been great on time keeping, but i guess theres only one way to find out, jesus thats a long commute, best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭dzilla

I have only ever got the Dublin Coach in the evening and it is always late, but considering that time of the morning and with less traffic, on the road coming from the Dublin/Kilkenny side it might be alright.

It says it arrives at 08:15, speaking from experience if you are starting work at 9 am in Cork city that should be fine because Traffic is not good up there in the morning so i'd allow yourself that 45 mins.

Best of luck with the commute if it's a long term thing, I did this road for YEARS until getting work from home finally during the pandemic and it was hard going.

Also if you are coming home after 17:00 consider getting the train to Limerick Junction and down at 17;25, its takes an extra 10/15 mins from my experience as there is no traffic but it's much more comfortable and you can get some work done etc. It might feel like going cross country but give it a go once.

Nah, I have been working in Cork for some time. I work from home mostly but I travel up maybe 1 day a month, I normally drive up.. but I thought I'd consider getting the bus up next time I go up and leave the car with the missus 😁

06:15 though is tough. I was really hoping there was a bus leaving at like 7:15 am or something 😂

Advertisement