Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adding extra ip cameras to hikvision nvr?

Options
  • 03-04-2022 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

hi, have a hikvision nvr with a number of free poe ports on the rear of this machine and was thinking of adding some extra cameras to it, there are 4 spare ports and i would say 2 to 3 extra cameras would do me, the existing cameras are hikvision domes, do i simply purchase a few more hikvision domes and add them, are they plug and play? or is it more complicated than that? i assume the same make camera should be easier to set up or is there an option to fit other makes? my place was rewired some years ago and extra cat6 cables are already installed, looking at the recorder menu it looks like the existing cameras start at 192.168.254.2 and increase one digit from that, i hope this makes sense, thanks.

Comments

Advertisement