Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

carers allowance - home visit

Options
  • 31-03-2022 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

hello all! i applied for carer's at the beginning of march (caring for my grandmother who is 80+ yrs old and has mobility issues/mild dementia) and just got a letter in the post stating an officer will be calling for a visit. I'm a bit nervous about this as I have no idea what to expect, just wondering if anyone else has experience with an officer doing a home visit and what exactly happens? thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mcriot29

Hi this happened to me he told me I was 1st person he ever had to do this with

as it not means tested I told him I don’t need to answer his questions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Carer's Allowance IS means tested. The reason for the visit is to see exactly what you do on a day to day basis for the person you are caring for, how your (and their) daily life is impacted.

Not a nice attitude to have towards someone doing their job, in fairness.

Advertisement