Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare Walkers Gate

Options
  • 31-03-2022 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

We are planning to buy a house in Walkers gate in Kildare town, it's a new estate that is coming up.

Does anyone live around that area, what's your opinion of the place?

Some days we may have to commute to Dublin city centre.

We are also thinking of renting one of our spare bedrooms any potential for that?

Thanks

Post edited by whiterebel on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 cdn16

We're also curious to know as we've reserved a 3-bed house in Walkers Gate recently.

A few weeks ago, we went for a drive there - just to get a glimpse of the town. It's definitely got a lovely quaint town charm to it. As someone who's been living in Dublin for over 5 years, we're still not sure if we can move to Kildare.

Any information regarding the life in Kildare would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭NedNew2

I don't live in Kildare Town anymore (since 2020) but I did enjoy my few years there. If you're from Dublin originally you might find the town a bit small and lacking things to do - for instance there is no swimming pool/leisure center and night life can be limited. As for public transport to Dublin, it's actually very good. Dublin Coach is very reasonable and offers loads of services, one being a direct journey from Kildare Village. The train station is excellent too but pricey for one off journeys. That new estate (Walkers Gate) is well located with bus tops and train station within walking distance.

There are currently no real traffic problems in the town but if you're driving to Dublin you'll probably hit problems closer to Rathcoole - but thats the same for everyone heading that direction, it's not Kildare Towns fault.

Restaurants are very good. Newbridge is only 8km away for good shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PigeonTrapo

Hi,

Had a look around walkers Gate the other day and seems like the development is progressing well with most houses built. Does anyone know when the first phase will be moving in?

Some houses didn't have solar panels. Is this the case or they haven't been fitted yet?

Any info appreciated. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 zuzihasi

Any more details - news - experience with Walkers Gate? We paid deposit but having second thoughts…

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

The council bought 40 units there on 9th December.

Most social housing tenants are decent and well deserving of the income based rent they pay, but unfortunately there are more than a few bad apples that cause problems.

I'd look at grey abbey view. Same developer and smaller development and a lot more things at walking distance.

I suspect the social units in walkers gate may include the social unit requirements of Grey Abbey view

• Advertisement
Advertisement