Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temperature Selector No Longer Has Different Ranges - Triton T90sr Electric Shower

Options
  • 30-03-2022 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone. I moved into my first home in October 2021 and near the middle of this month our shower will no longer variate temperatures when adjusting the bottom knob.

When set to 1 the water is just hot enough to have a shower but nowhere near what we are used to. It is usually set at 2 with the dial at around 2 o'clock. Once 2 is on then no matter what way we move or set the dial the water is absolutely boiling so have to keep moving to avoid getting burned.

Would this be something I could fix myself and is it expensive for parts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭John.G

Try re positioning the cover as per "Fitting the Cover" in the attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

The water is restricted going through the shower. Slower water = hotter water.

Blocked or spurious shower head, blocked hose, blocked filter or airlock is what you should check. Take the head off & see if you can regulate the temperature. Remove the hose and try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭John.G

Is the "SR" pump actually running?, gravity might give some flow without it?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭DarraghR

Ok so I took the hose and head off which gave normal water levels when changed. I soaked and rinsed both in white vinegar, hot water and baking soda. All working perfect now thanks guys.

I still want to open up the whole unit and use some compressed air to fully clean it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I wouldn't do that. Whatever about removing the heating can & doing that but I'd leave the rest of the shower alone

• Advertisement
Advertisement