Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 TV Coverage discussions

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

after the first half of the year, I would give a thumbs up for

Bernie

Damon

Danica

Simon

Naomi

but Ted and Karun are brilliant..

Croft annoys me to bejaysus...

apologies, as I am new to the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Crofty set to miss 3 races this year. Imola, Azerbaijan and Austria. Current BBC Radio commentator Harry Benjamin will step in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Jesus the TV direction in Saudi was appalling. Constant cutting from in car to track camera and back again. Hard to keep track of who was where. Helicopter shots that you couldn't really see the cars with. And on a couple of occasions we missed overtakes because they were showing replays.

F1 tv direction has been poor for a while, but this was particularly bad...

Oh also, Crofty, Karun and Bernie as a commentary team was quite good. But annoying when they kept telling us about the Brits, but apart from that it was a good mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Well I did my usual sync up with the BBC crew. Sadly website only today so no play back available, but along side lead commentator Harry Benjamin (in the back) were from left to right, Jack Aitkin former Williams reserve who drove when Russell first bumped up to Mercedes-Benz in 2020, Ruth Buscombe, former strategist for Alfa Romero and Jennie Gow who continues to make great progress recovering from her stroke.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 624 CMod ✭✭✭✭LIGHTNING

I don't know how anybody can stand Ted, his smugness gets on my skin something fierce. He used to be good a long time ago but he really let it get to his head.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 624 CMod ✭✭✭✭LIGHTNING

I don't think its harsh at all, he isn't good at all. Sure he has knowledge but the rest of the package of what he brings isn't worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭quokula

I saw an interview with Ruth Buscombe on the Pitstop podcast on youtube a week or two ago and it was one of the best pieces of F1 related content I've watched in a long time. It's insane the amount of work done by so many strategists, engineers etc that gets pretty much zero coverage and attention in the media. The amount of detail she goes into in the interview, from doing track walks and noting down access road and marshal post details so they can estimate the likelihood of a safety car for a given incident anywhere on track, to the way they would look at the rubber laid down on the clean / dirty side of the track and feed it back in and recalibrate their simulation code - a result of this being that she was the one responsible for the infamous deliberate penalty for Felipe Massa by breaking the gearbox seal to put both their cars on the clean side of the track. It's incredible the amount of thought that goes into every little detail.

Advertisement