Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement for Aritech Alarm

Options
  • 28-03-2022 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi All,

Any advice welcome! I have a 20 year old Aritech that has served me well but the remote keypad has started showing hieroglyphics. It works but not really readable. I'm thinking it is time to change out. It has 6 wired and 6 wireless zones together with a wireless smoke detector. I would need a separate controller and keypad as the wired devices terminate in the garage at the Aritech box. I also have a dialler.

Looking through the various sites it seems like the HKC 10270 could be a replacement unit but there not a lot of information on the various sites. So a few questions arise:

Is HKC a good choice or is there something better?

I presuming I must change out the existing wireless detectors for HKC ones?

I am hoping to reuse the existing wired devices though can change them too if need be?

It seems the controller comes with a remote keypad so I don't need anything extra there.

The controller comes with 10 zones but I'm not sure if this is total or wired and would I need an RF Expander?

The website pictures seem to not have a battery shown. Do I need to buy this extra?

Does it include a dialler? I see there is an extension dialler card but all that seems to want to do is dial HKC on their SIM. I would want it to dial me with voice and a landline connection is available - that or Ethernet/Wifi!

Anyway, I'm sure I can sort it out myself but would be good to order/buy everything at once so any comments appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭soram

Right - looks like my question above is moot now as I am being told HKC can't supply at the moment anyway!

Is there any source for a CS250 Remote Keypad? EBAY doesn't seem to have any :(

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭altor

Since you have the Aritech RF devices would you not use a Aritech Advisor as you can add the RF devices to this panel. It is a hybrid system and can also take the wired sensors.

This panel also connects to the ultra-sync portal so if using Wi-Fi provides a free app and connection, please note if internet is off you wont get any notifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭soram

OK that is interesting - many thanks. I had not thought of that!

So something like an ATS1500A-IP-MM-HK? And that would talk to my existing RF devices? Looks like I could get one of those complete with keyboard at the moment.

BTW I'd say it is my main controller that is dying rather than the keypad so would like to change it.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭altor

Id go for the LP version myself and install the RF in the main control panel.

Using the metal version you would have the receiver outside the box in its own housing.

Its an old system the CS250, the sensors are 433 RF so when buying the receiver for new panel make sure you get that one.

Advertisement