Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hunter Biden

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Become Death

I mean, I don't disagree with what you said, but there is no concrete proof.

I think your summation is the more probable scenario, but without absolute unequivocal evidence, we are to believe that the crack addict son of a president was a completely legitimate businessman and Joe Biden had no hand act or part in any of Hunter's business dealings.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I notice that they failed to include the parts of Devon Archers testimony where he stated unequivocally that Biden had no involvement in any of their business deals and that business was never discussed anytime Joe Biden was present and that Hunter traded on "The illusion of access" but no actual access was ever forth-coming.

So what we have is what everyone agrees on - Hunter is a tosser who trades on his fathers name.

What we also have is the GOP's "Star Witness" telling them that there was "No there there" but they choose to leave that part out of their media dribbling to placate the Rapist that they want to be President.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,296 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah, Joe really threw his political power and influence around

• Registered Users Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Devon Archer is a con man, I'd imagine he would be quite selective with what he would say.

Joe is seemingly surrounded by all these con men and never had an inkling of what they were up to, yeah right.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

A Con man who the GOP are touting as the key source of their proof of Bidens Corruption.

So - Is he lying when he says that Biden wasn't involved or is he lying when he says he was????

And - Pictures of people playing Golf together are proof of Involvement in criminality??

Well Sh!t...

Trump and Lyndsay pictured with Russian Fraudster.

Trump with Philadelphia mob Bosses.

Arrest them all right now!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Ripped from the comments -

Archer deceived Congress. Archer was appointed to the board of directors in April. Hunter joined the board of directors in May on the advice of Archer. Archer was in charge of organizing the bribes given to the Biden family.

Archer had complete control over drug addict Hunter. "On April 16, 2014, Vice President Biden met with his son’s business partner, Devon Archer, at the White House. Five days later, Vice President Biden visited Ukraine, and he soon after was described in the press as the “public face of the administration’s handling of Ukraine.”

The day after his visit, on April 22, Archer joined the board of Burisma. Six days later, on April 28, British officials seized $23 million from the London bank accounts of Burisma’s owner, Mykola Zlochevsky.

Fourteen days later, on May 12, Hunter Biden joined the board of Burisma, and over the course of the next several years, Hunter Biden and Devon Archer were paid millions of dollars from a corrupt Ukrainian oligarch for their participation on the board." (Hunter Biden, Burisma, and Corruption: The Impact on U.S. Government Policy and Related Concerns)

And the connection to Joe Biden is where???

The entire Shokin/Burisma Lie was completely debunked during Trumps first Impeachment.

Hunter Biden’s employment means he will be working as a director and top lawyer for a Ukrainian energy company during the period when his father and others in the Obama administration attempt to influence the policies of Ukraine’s new government, especially on energy issues

Hunter Biden joined Burisma in April, the same month his father visited Kiev to show support for the new interim government.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Sounds like a typical lock him up Republican rant ....

He's did this and he did that and he's doing that , Yada Yada Yada

Again - The proof of Joe Bidens corruption is where??

This story has already been dealt with , back when it happened.

It was investigated at the time and NO Evidence of impropriety was found.

It was described as "a bad look" , which it was , but that nothing illegal happened.

Again - All we have is Hunter Biden playing the "Do you know who my Dad is" card to get by in life , but even Hunters business associates have said that Joe Biden never did anything to help Hunter or hinder anyone to benefit him either.

Hunter is a dead-beat tool, don't think there are many that would argue otherwise , but that's ALL that the GOP have.

Joe Biden having a tosser for a Son is not an impeachable offence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Absolutely the same people calling for him to be locked up are the same people who hold Kyle Rittenhouse up as some kind of mesiah

Lol. What?

In what way are those two even comparable?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,872 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

That’s the verdict in search of a crime yes but comer and the republicans have been investigating that for what 4 years now and have no evidence to date. None.

If you are going to describe him as a con man then his testimony is patently worthless either way. What else do you have

The day before Hunter was indicted, a conservative court ruled in an adjacent case that the same law in question is unconstitutional 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

Not saying Hunter Biden is a saint .... but he is practically Jesus when compared to Donald Trump and Donald Trump Junior ... and all the hardliners who support these 2 ...

McCarthy swears Hunter is going to get subpoenaed…

probably just as soon as he has the votes 🥲 he certainly does plenty of dithering with his answer.

“I don’t subpoena anybody,” McCarthy said. “I let committees do their work.”

But he promptly added, “The one thing the American public has to understand is there’s a strategy behind everything. We only follow facts. Hunter Biden will get subpoenaed.

The speaker did, though, urge patience.*

“When’s the appropriate time? Do you do it because television wants it, or do you do it around the facts and the timing? … I think we should have the bank statements to actually know where did the money go? So you would know the questions to ask Hunter Biden. Just to subpoena Hunter Biden because you want to fundraise or you want to do something that’s not how to run an investigation.”

*He lacks the votes to enforce a subpoena.

edit*

post deleted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,253 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Hell for MAGA-heads its still innocent AFTER proven gulity.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Good luck with that Hunter.😂

He has gone and done it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

I have been having an argument with a friend of mine.

He is convinced that Hunter Biden is a victim of politically motivated stitch-up, to bring down his Father.

On a simple level.. is this true?

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭maik3n

On a simple level, YES, 100% a stitch up by Republicans/Conservatives to get at Joe Biden.

On a more complex level, I'm sure there are probably some financial irregularities to say the least, in a lot of Hunters business dealings that do deserve scrutiny.

However, just because Hunter may have used his name, ''celebrity status'' to make bank and feed his h00kers and c0ke habit, has no bearing whatsoever on his Dad.

However, just because Hunter may have used his name, ''celebrity status'' to make bank and feed his h00kers and c0ke habit, has no bearing whatsoever on his Dad.

This is it in a nut-shell.

Hunter Biden by all viewings is a tosser, who has moved through life trading on his family name and generally being more than a bit of a sh!t.

None of that makes Joe Biden guilty of anything except perhaps for not telling his waster son to GTFO, but given the loss of his other son around the time of most of the alleged dodgy dealing you can understand why perhaps Joe went out of his way to stay in touch and not simply cut the little f*cker off.

That still doesn't make him guilty of crimes though and despite years of investigations not a single iota of evidence has been found by the GOP in their desperate hunt to find dirt.

Big nothingwhopper, nothing to see here.. Says the same people who trashed Trump for getting Ivanka and Jared perfectly legit and above board jobs in the white house🤦‍♂️

Tell me again that Joe who has been in Ukraine on business for well over a decade had no role to play in getting Hunter a job he had no qualifications for and never worked at a day in his life 🤡

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

Legit jobs that they used for enrichment? Weird, not calling for investigations into that. I'd be in full agreement, if Hunter was handed a Whitehouse job and used it for personal enrichment, I'd be happily calling out Joe. Even family members being handed jobs would be a bit weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭TedBundysDriver

I have no issue with the questions being asked - The issue arises when you ask the questions , but don't get the answer you wanted so you just keep asking the same questions over and over and over again and pretending like the answers you get are telling a different story.

There is a big difference between someone "trading on their fathers name" and someone actually being given a job by their father when they are utterly unsuited to that job.

Are you saying there should be an investigation into how Jared Kushner got $2B in investment from middle Eastern Governments shortly after he left the White House where he held the role of "Middle East Special advisor" and had direct involvement in setting policies that were beneficial to the countries that decided to give a failed property developer with zero experience in running an investment fund $2B against the advice of their various financial advisors and board members?

I agree completely.

• Advertisement

The irony here is that Hunter Biden will almost certainly walk on the Gun charges, explicitly because the GOP and their various fellow travelers have utterly destroyed any form of meaningful gun control legislation.

As a general rule do you want Drug Users to own guns? - Most sensible people would say no.

In Hunters case he was an "Ex" Drug user when he applied for the gun license but neglected to tick the box saying he had a previous conviction.

Should that be an offence?

Yes , not sure it's an offence that warrants jail time , but it's an offence for sure.

However, in their blind drive to block any and all efforts to limit Gun ownership , the GOP have probably killed their best and potentially only chance of getting a criminal conviction on a member of the Biden family.

Hoist by their own petard...

Advertisement