Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quantum 70: What does 'Open Zone' mean when it appears on the Panel?

Options
  • 23-03-2022 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

Quantum 70: What does 'Open Zone' mean when it appears on the Panel?

I replaced a used battery in an RF Device (Sensor) on my Quantum 70, but the system won't set for me now; it is stating 'Open Zone'. The particular Sensor is on a unopenable window so it doesn't mean that that window has been left open.

Anyone know what that means or how to resolve it.  

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭altor

The sensor if just used as a shock sensor would have a glass barren.

On the side of this there is an arrow which needs to point upwards to close the zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 peterosssie

If your problem is with an Inertia /contact Sensor that also has a magnet contact then the issue could be the magnet is not close enough to the sensor body to be make the connection between the terminals in the sensor itself. The initial installation might have had the magnet just on the edge of acceptable contact between the sensor and the magnet which was thrown out when you changed the battery. Try raising the magnet up closer to the sensor. A bit of blue tack might help.

Advertisement