Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2022 - Round 2: Saudi Arabia

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Nice screen for the 1st spot.

Perez will be gutted he didn't come in a lap later.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,777 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Well that was bloody enjoyable.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Nice to see plenty of respect between the two lads

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Gutted for Checo though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 39,511 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

That’s what you want to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭quokula

What an amazing race, these drivers are incredible to watch battling for the lead. I thought Charles had the upper hand but Max pulled it off in the end. This is really shaping up to be a classic season.

Sky and netflix scrambling for shots of Max and Charles looking menacingly at each other to create a rivalry storyline

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

We'll see how long this respect lasts when we're into the vinegar strokes of the season and there's a Championship on the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Coulthard does good interviews, and is an excellent pundit, Sky should hire him and get him on the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,841 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I wonder what all the names were on the chequered flag, the names of all those beheaded Today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,434 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

You can see Max and Charles both enjoy racing each other and respect each other. Unlike when Max and Lewis raced, it doesn't feel like they'll take each other out.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭nf2k

Great finish to the race. Second race where we see Leclerc gaming the drs line. He's right to do it but it really shouldn't be a strategy, creates all sorts of odd behaviour. The drs zones need to be calibrated to ensure that isn't an option. Coulthard called it a "new form of racing". I disagree, they need to cut out the possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,777 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Absolutely. They'll come into contact with each other sooner rather than later and it will be interesting to see if it's all sunshine and lollipops then.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Checo under investigation for a yellow flag infringement?

I think those things disqualify him from Sky given the usual state of their coverage.

Though Jenson is great in fairness, would be nice to see him take more of a role.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭flazio

He Co owns the company producing Channel 4s coverage (Whisper Productions) so he's going nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Sky Sports already tried by bringing out footage of a tiff they had when they were karting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,530 ✭✭✭✭klose

It’s merchandising, they’ve been doing that for a year or two. You can buy a square on a flag for a given race, they put your name in it and then after the race you get sent out that square cut out from the flag in a display case with a photo of it being waved.

It’s expensive enough, but I did consider doing it for Abu Dhabi last year. I regret not doing it given how that race finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

The close racing is great but something needs to happen with DRS.

It can't be advantageous to concede your place in certain parts of the track.

• Advertisement

Well I hope they're just fireworks

As exciting as the race was I hope DRS line strategy doesn’t become a major thing. It can probably be mitigated by putting the detection zone in a different place that’s away from the part of the track where overtakes happen.

Wait when did Charles get that fastest lap? Surely not during the yellow flag?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Yeah, it was fairly clear that lockup from Max wasn’t a mistake, just him making sure he wasn’t ahead before the line… think LEC done it too a lap or so later

Yeah I was wondering that myself. Wasn’t quite keeping track of the fastest lap but I saw it was on Perez at one point then on Verstappen then at the end it was Leclerc and all of the final laps had yellow flags. Max did comment on the radio that Leclerc gained a bunch of time in the yellow zone too so would be interesting to see some analysis.

Are the extra fireworks masking the sound of the missiles?

that race was great fun

After 8 years of the hybrid era, the director has probably become accustomed to there never being anything worth seeing that could be missed live. Needs to readjust to proper racing being back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭McFly85

Hamilton giving his team a kicking again. It’ll be a long season for him by the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,074 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The lap before the yellow flag was the fastest lap.

Post edited by namloc1980 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭waynescales1

That's a good point, this idea that a battle isn't over after a pass has been completed is something TV directors need to bear in mind from now on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement