Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ring Doorbells etc.

Options
  • 21-03-2022 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi All,

Hope this is the correct place (mods, if not can you please redirect). My wife has been speaking to friends who have one of those Ring doorbells and now wants one. My question is really whether or not this is the nest option.

I don't want to go down the route of installing a full camera system with motion detection yet. All we really need is to be able to monitor the front and rear of the property for times when we're not there. Her friend's system gives phone notifications when the camera barrier is crossed which is great but I have heard those ring ones are easily hacked or bypassed. Any advice or help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭altor

I remember a good few years ago there was a report of one been hacked, a video of a child in a cot but that is many years ago, I'm sure they have plugged that hole. In reality anything on the internet can have some form of vulnerability imo.

The cameras on these devices have caught people at cars or in driveways even if they have not gained entry to a car or property so tbh there are good for what they do.

Advertisement