Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How long for New Build contracts to issue?

Options
  • 21-03-2022 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi, just looking for some advise. We put booking deposit down start of Jan and contracts still haven't been issued? We were told it could be 4 weeks or more but this is going on 3 months. Should we be worried? Or is this normal? House should be ready to move in by June according to estate agent. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ilovefridays66

Yeah we have a solicitor and the builders solicitor keeps saying the contracts are being drawn up but nothing yet. Was just wondering if its normal to take this long to have them issued

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Honestly, it sounds odd to me. I know in my estate they sold a chunk of houses to a rental agency and lots of them had deposits against them already 🙄

There's only 5 houses completed and 14 all together so not worried about that but just not sure how long we will be waiting for it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

It varies from developer to developer, but sometimes it can take months. When is the expected completion date? Is that June date just a guesstimate - any idea how advanced construction actually is?

• Advertisement

What does your solicitor say... its their job to sort and its urgent in my opinion... you have no contract as it is and cost of building going up...

Yeah we've been to the site, it's coming along quickly and estimated move in date is June. I've spoken to my solicitor and they say the builders solicitor advising they are still drawing up contracts. Just seems to be going on a long time.

You are likely OK but solicitors can be very slow and are a law onto themselves....

Our contracts took 4-5 months from placing a booking deposit, if I remember correctly. And then another month for the builder to sign.

Oh OK great. Thanks for that. The solicitor seems to think it could help the council delaying it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement