Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend smokeless, as replacement for smokey coal, in backboiler stove

Options
  • 20-03-2022 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

I live out the country and as such have been able to burn "smokey" coal in my backboiler stove for the past ten years. It gives me very good heat in the room and easily heats 8 radiators to give great heat around the house. I tried a bag of smokeless coal many years ago and it was useless to heat the room or the radiators. I was told by the installer that the stove needs a fuel with a flame to heat the rads properly. With the smokey fuel ban coming in, can anyone recommend a coal that they find would do the job for me?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but with the search on the new site so pathetic, I couldn't find it.

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement