Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to Kerry and back to Dublin/Kildare/Meath

Options
  • 19-03-2022 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

In short we moved to Kerry in 2015 to escape the rent prices. We are now considering to move back to seek more employment opportunities and buy a house. We are looking at new and second hand properties but all prices seem excessive. When we moved in 2015 our Castleknock apartment was 1250 to rent and the same properties were 220 to buy. The same apartment is now 375 to buy and I guess 2000 to rent.

We are looking at maybe Suburbs with a budget of 400. Somewhere like this, really looking for feedback on this property? Needs work but seems like it’s relatively close to Dublin City centre.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Thats a nice area. Only about 40 mins from the city center on the bus. Nice village too.

In fact I think that house used to have a bigger garden, but they built another house in it.

Im going to take a wild guess and say that house will sell at €425k - €450k.

I have a colleague who was in the same situation as yourself.

He decided not to move back to Dublin in the end.

The move down the country is the easy part, but as time goes by and house prices increase, it becomes harder to com back the other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Chiarrai19

Thanks. Would largely concur JimmyVik. We spent a few yrs trying. 2013/14 was the time to strike but hindsight is a wonderful thing. It’s competitive out there.

Advertisement