Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unauthorized nude pics of someone, would you do anything?

Options
  • 19-03-2022 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Cheers, everyone, I have had this doubt for a while and wanted to ask your opinions. I'm also wondering in general what would be best so I'm giving different scenarios in case this changes your views:

If you were friends with someone and came across what appeared to be unauthorized nude pics of this person, would you tell this person? How? What if you're not 100% sure? Would there be a way of saying 'hey so this might not be you but maybe you should have a look'??

Would your answers change if instead of being friends with this person you were just superficial acquaintances?

Would you ever consider any 'anonymous tip off of some sort' or that would be even worse?

Post edited by Big Bag of Chips on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭Tork

Is this a problem affecting you directly or are you asking a hypothetical question? If it's the latter, here isn't the place for that.

• Administrators Posts: 13,768 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Hi @boardsjta, as mentioned by Tork above, Personal Issues is specifically an advice forum where posters look for advice on an issue that is personally affecting them. If you're looking for general discussion and opinion you could try The Ladies Lounge or The Gentlemen's Club.

Please clarify if it's a Personal Issue, otherwise I can move the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭skallywag

I think it depends heavily on what your exact motivation here is. Are you sincerely genuinely concerned, or are you motivated by something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 boardsjta

Hi everyone, I can't answer that question with certainty, as I am not sure if the person is indeed the one in the pics. So this has an added "what if it isn't and then there this 'erm what are you doing assuming that is me' kind of awkwardness".

But to make things clearer, I'm asking because what if it's this person? Would it be best to tell?

Please feel free to move this thread if you think it's best :)

@boardsjta, can you clarify that you have in fact come across pictures of somebody that you think you recognise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 boardsjta

Thanks everyone, but it's not worth the effort.

Plus post #5 where I say "...as I am not sure if the person is indeed the one in the pics." should have cleared that up.

You can move, close, do as you wish. Bye.

You were quite vague in your posts. You were vague about whether it was someone you knew well, or you sort of knew. Your first post said you were giving different scenarios. So it was not even clear it was an issue at all.

This is an advice forum, where people tend to get pretty good advice on a specific issue they look for advice on. If you post hypotheticals or "different scenarios" then posters aren't really sure how to advise.

I will lock this thread, but you are welcome to post again if you have a specific issue that you would like advice on. Post the actual issue, rather than different scenarios. Then people can reply to the actual issue rather than the different scenarios.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement