Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CVRT Test - 10 Months overdue

Options
  • 18-03-2022 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

On a commercial Jeep, my CVRT Test is 10 Months overdue. It expired on the 10th of May, 2021. It was off the road for most of the year since.

I've got a few bits done to it now and want to get her tested and back on the road.

If I get her tested now, my understanding is that I will have to get it done on the 10th of May this year again as like the NCT it is based on the anniversary of the registration date. (which would obviously be a pain in the butt)

In normal circumstances, if I had got it tested last year, I would be able to get it done now up to a month in advance (i.e. on the 10th of April). Does anyone know now, with a current expired CVRT, can I still do it a month in advance (on the 10th of April) and get 13 months out of it or will I have to wait right up to the 10th of May to get it done in order to get 12 months ?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

The CVRT is a bit odd like that, it works on anniversary date only. If you tested it on say May 3rd, you would get a cert for 7 days, then have to test again.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

if its out by more than 6 months you'll only get a 6 month test anyway in my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Graham king

So if its out of date by over 10 months and I hold off until comes back around for its due date would I be charged twice?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭Buffman

No, you get a 6 month test duration in that scenario.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out.

Buy drinks in 3L bottles or bigger to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭bronkobilly

just bought a van a barn find drives perfect great condition only problem cvrt has expired 15 years ago will i 1 years new cvrt or wil it be back dated

• Advertisement
Advertisement