Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW30 - Matchday Thread

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Somehow got up to 49 points thanks to Son and Kane. Still a red arrow but not as bad as I thought it was going to be yesterday. Ended up with only 7 players and one of those was Jimenez.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

67(-4) from 7. Gotta be pleased with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,236 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Going Kulu over Son didn't go well did it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

(c) Son saving an absolutely disasterous GW with Ramsdale and Raph not playing. Only had 8 players and that went down to 6. Son and Saka did all the lifting to finish on 44 and a red arrow to 34k though it would have been a lot bigger without Sons 30 points. Going to have to make these 2 free hits count to claw back the losses of not using them.

Half thinking if there is a way to fit in Kane alongside Salah and Son. Would probably involve selling 2 premium defenders to do it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

80 (-4) from 9 players and back just inside 100k

Salah and Livra to Son and Jonny a huge plus.

WC active.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

73 here on FH, looks like all FHers ended up 20 points above the top 10k average of 51. Can’t really ask for much more than that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

62 from 6 up to 12711, so glad I didn’t free hit and can keep it for 33, along with WC and BB hoping to get into the top 10k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Yeah I elected not to free hit and ended up getting 55 from 5 players with Ramsdale and Raphina not playing and I forgot to make my free transfer of Jonny in.

I think I would have ended up with exactly 20 more if I’d played the FH so will be interesting to see can I score 20 more from in 33 or 36/37 with my free hits. If I’d known about Ramsdale and Raphina being out I would have played it but think 20 loss is just about getting away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Newbie20

exact same, 73 on FH. Very happy with it really

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

Son captain gets me to 38 points with his 30 himself.

Big red arrow, 25k out to 40k. Not good!

FH teams seem to all get 70+, good return.

• Advertisement

I think 55 was a decent score, probably a grey arrow

The BGW/DGW in 33 is the spot to play the next FH IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

72(-4) from 10 players including jiminez, took the -4 to do VvD>Pereira who didn't play 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

46pts. 4 red arrows in a row. From 74k to 143k. Frustrating season. Only have 1 FT and BB left, which I don't have too much hope for. At this stage, I'm just gonna start taking more punts and have fun with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Was meant to have 8 & banked the transfer. Only had 6.

57 points & very small green up to 27k.

Now to decide whether to continue with FH 36 or plan towards a 36 team and FH 33. Or vice versa

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ended up with 60 on the FH. I had hoped for more from it but considering my awful start with the Wolves/Leeds game, I'm happy enough. Green arrow to 91k. Just the WC & BB left.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Ozvaldo

What a rubbish strategy free hit on a dud weekend way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

What's your problem? That's the second time you've had a dig at free hitters. You can't just dismiss a strategy as rubbish, it's team dependent as always. FH teams could have had Son (c) Kane, Maddison, Barnes, two Arsenal defenders and Saka. That's about 80 points alone. How about you concentrate on your own strategy instead of dismissing everyone else's.

Hah, I had a look at what top 500 in Ireland actually means, not even top 10k, if you're going to be bragging about your rank at least make it an impressive one

I see loads of lads on twitter saying you should be getting over 100 points on your FH, they, like you clearly don't understand that it about beating the average. So in this GW the average in the top 10k was 52, average for FHers 72, 20 point gain on the field, thats a success.

The advantage of going in a BGW is that you have all the players likely to score heavy, this week it was Son, Kane, Maddison & Saka, literally every FH team had those four.

Mid-term is over so hopefully we won't hear as much from you

• Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Have you used your chips yet and how did they go?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,598 ✭✭✭Cartman78

50(-8) and mired at 634K.....the chaos of this season has not suited my playing style at all it seems.

Kane captain averting total disaster, double Wolves defense and Eriksen no show very damaging

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

20 points is usually a good barometer for the advantages of chips in respect to a single GW.

I was set on FH30 but after GW28 I decided to WC in 29 & build a squad for the Doubles & the BGW.

Ive looked at the respective scores had I stayed with team & over the two GW’s I got an increase of 55 points. Looking at the FH scores & how things panned out id say it is a 35point swing going with WC & keeping FH for later as oppose to FH in BGW.

Im happy I went with this strategy as I’ll still have Leic, Ars & Spurs players in my team for their additional double fixtures where as a lot of team will be running into blanks/transfers & even WC.

Everyone’s strategy will be different & WCers in 31 will get a bounce off theirs but I feel they’ll be heading into similar territory as their FH team

• Registered Users Posts: 7,049 ✭✭✭COH

53 no chips/transfers. Tiny green arrow but no movement in mini leagues

Maddison, Kane and Saka the big hitters this week... Ramsdale, Raphinha and Jiminez the major disappointments after weeks of planning but Amartey losing his cleanie late on hurt the most!

2FT into the international break now along with FH/WC/BB left to play. I think it'll be FH 33, WC 34/35 and BB 36.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Newbie20

I was planning on using remaining free hit in GW33 and bench boost in GW36. But looking again now, are there more fixtures potentially to be added to 33 or is it set now?

With all the big teams winning in the cup it doesn’t look like a very appealing DGW now?! Only a couple of teams doubling, Arsenal and United are the only strong teams with a double and within those Arsenal are away to Chelsea and United away to Liverpool. Is the appeal of 33 gone or am I missing something? Or is it just the best of what’s left?

I think thats what makes 33 more appealing. If Liverpool, City etc have a DGW you're going to want those players in your team anyway.

United have a decent double in 33 but I don't want three united players for the remainder of the season. FH can navigate around that. Newcastle, Southampton & Burnley all have decent doubles too.

Advertisement