Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Humiliated at meeting

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭laoisgem

Agreed, the OP isn't even been considered for being their P45 for all we know. The opening post of this tread is very confusing. The fact is the OP is embarrassed because they were seen and heard huffing and puffing and going to and from the bathroom on the CCTV. The OP could very well do with some time away from the office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Squatman

it seems you are quite inexperienced in this field, as am I, however, i reckon i have infinitely more than you, so allow me to explain as best i can...

"Constructive dismissal" due to creating a toxic enviroment where the OP is unable to maintain personal dignity in her place of employment. Treated unfairly and inappropriately, and causing undue stress.

"you can confirm......". i can confirm that i have spoken with 2-3 people managers who have been infront of the WRC and have all had water tight cases and ALL have been lost. I can also confirm that our legel aid, (from a well regarded company) confirmed that the have NEVER won a case in the WRC. if you go to the WRC, its damage limitation, rather than proving innocence or other. And from the companies perspective, they will generally pay out - with an NDA . the WRC is not a legally enforcable court, they give a recommendation, and it can be duly ignored, however, the converse of this is that the case can be taken to the circuit court, where their name can be dragged thru the gutters and they risk accumulating legal costs that outweight the compensation that would be recommended by the WRC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Video 1 shows the time you entered the area where you found the turd.

Video 2 is just you walking in a door, and then walking out a door a few minutes later if i'm reading it right, what is embarrassing about that??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Well we at least we agree on one thing - "whilst my experience is limited" and how get from "i have been on the defending side of a WRC hearing" to extrapolating: "can confirm that compensation is awarded on every single case" is beyond me.

Complete waffle, outrageous waffle actually.

Lets start with what Constructive Dismissal is:

It’s when an employee resigns without providing notice due to a business committing a serious breach of the employment contract.

If an employee contract confirms that any complaints will be investigated and the subject of any DP given legal/fair process, claiming CD just because as the complainant, you are part of that process is ludicrous.

Secondly, any claim for CD will have a better chance of success in the WRC after the employee has exhausted the employers complaints procedure, the irony of that hopefully will not be lost on you.

Regarding your confirmation that awards are always made, a quick google says otherwise. This is just one example:

This one is from yesterday:

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Midlands Minnie

No, not reading it correctly at all. I found turd in the corridor, then went to my place of work which is up a flight of steep steps. This was the video of me which had nothing to do with the corridor area. 2nd video of me going into a toilet, not just any door. If a senior member of staff or director had been in my position l doubt very much videos of them being out of breath or filmed going into a toilet would have been shown to room full of people they didn't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

I can see why you are upset and why you are getting frustrated with some of the replies here.

My understanding of this is.

Somebody took a crap of the floor in camera blind spot.

You found it, reported it and the  cleaner cleaned it up.

That was the end of it for a while.

The general manager found out about it and want’s the pooer gone.

You went to one meeting to give a statement.

You went to a second meeting which you were told was a disciplinary meeting but believed it wasn’t about you.

You have been accused of been the guilty party.

“Then my manager said that they had a problem, there were only 3 people who saw the offending item, me who found it, my colleague and the cleaning lady and there the problem lay. So with all eyes on me the insinuation was that I did it. ”

You are going to take sick leave due to the stress that has caused you.

OK my take on this is to do two thing

Get legal advice.

Ask for meeting with the general manager. They are the ones who want somebody punished.  Have clear idea of what you want them to hear. At start tell them this has made you very upset and that you are very nervous, would they mind allowing you to speak before they ask you any questions.

Tell them you were brought into a meeting but were not properly informed that you were the subject of the meeting.

It that meeting CCTV was shown that made you feel embarrassed  and humiliated. The CCTV had little to nothing to do with the incident. You were then wrongly accused of being the guilty party.  

Ask the general manager for their or companies side of it. Ask them do they want to take some time to talk to your manger.

Give the how the last meeting was left you feel a written apology from the company is needed, that can be without admission of wrong doing by the company once it makes clear you are not the guilty party. That was due to poor communication by the manager.

You would also like to see you HR file and any notes relating to you from the meeting as well as emails. If needed you will make a data access request.

This is kind of going nuclear but if you go off sick, you have no idea how that will be viewed by them or how they could exploit it to blame you.

Also not matter who you believe did it – don’t engage in gossip you might be wrong and you doing to them what as been done to you.

You’ve made a lot of assumptions there.

1. The op has not said she was the target of the meeting/DP. In fact, she has posted that it has not been said at any time.
    2. The op said she felt she felt humiliated because she was out of breathe at the top of the stairs, that is hardly a cause for complaint.
    3. The op made a complaint, it was taken seriously and investigated.
    4. The op is more than insinuating that she knows who the guilty party is, because he “destroys toilets”.
    5. Lastly, unless I missed it, her employer has not accused her of anything, by her own admission she is shy and sensitive, it’s highly possible that the op is just looking for affirmation, I think I read earlier that her partner is a union official (could be wrong) which makes me wonder what extra info would be needed on an anonymous discussion forum.

But ya, apart from all that you are right about everything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Then why show the CCTV, why was it said "there is problem here..." and if it was disciplinary meeting who was the subject of the meeting. Maybe OP should have it out with their manager first but I'd be inclined to go around them and bring it up with the general manager in way where they have to give clear answers.

• Advertisement

If it was a disciplinary meeting, and not an investigatory one. OP has confirmed there was no mention of her being the subject of this, or any other disciplinary meeting. As I said, you made a lot of assumptions.

Advertisement