Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 Seven dog food

Options
  • 17-03-2022 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭

Just wondering has anyone any info on this brand of dog food? Came highly recommended by guy in the pet store but reviews online are few and far between.

We were planning to continue feeding Royal Canin but have been told that it has basically no nutritional values compared to Seven and other brands of similar price ? Cheap food at a higher price basically?

I never had a problem with RC before to be fair.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭hamburgham

I think they’re trying to push it. I was at the till with a different brand and the assistant did a hard sell on why I should get Seven. Was taken by surprise ( ambushed basically) so bought it but subsequently brought it back as I was annoyed thinking she’d done a number on me. When I was leaving the shop the first time, I heard one of the other assistants saying “ you’re getting good, it gets easier’. I also saw virtually nothing about it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Sounds very like my experience. The guy even told me he's 'not going to sell me RC'. I was in today buying a chew toy and another sales assistant had no problems selling a man the cheapest shite going??

I just want to feed my pup a decent food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭mobby

Never heard of it myself, is this the stuff?

Seven Grain Free Puppy Review & Nutritional Rating (allaboutdogfood.co.uk)

rated high enough if so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭hamburgham

There’s something underhand about the way they’re pushing it.

I looked at the link and read that it’s a ‘private label’. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was the pet shop’s own brand.

Incidentially, when I went back the second time, the brand I originally intended to buy wasn’t even on the shelf, out of stock seemingly and This ‘Seven’ which I’d never even heard of before was given a huge amount of prime shelf space.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

I've 2 x 4 year old dogs. They spent the first 18 mths of their life on 7 kibbel.

Decided I'd give them as good a start on life as I could, supposed to be much better for them than the shite you buy at supermarkets and I'd heard royal canine was well marketed crap. Maybe 7 is the same. Was expensive.

My dogs eventually lost interest in kibble altogether, no matter what it was mixed with.

I've switched now to Rocco wet food in tins, buy it from Zooplus. They've been eating it about 18 months by now and never once have they left any behind, they love it. It's also expensive compared to supermarket stuff, but the quality of it is immediately apparent as soon as you open the tins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭Melodeon

I'm pretty sure (VERY open to correction) that 7 Seven is Petmania's own-brand.

I've certainly never seen it anywhere else.

For what it's worth, our now elderly lady has been on it for most of her life, mostly on the regular version and now on the senior/light. She's been happy and healthy throughout, and has never had any sort of digestive issues that we've noticed. Her droppings are certainly impressively large and nicely firm, but soft too, if you know what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

Used buy mine from distinctivepets.co.uk, don't think it's a petmania brand, open to correction though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

For the record, it was Petmania I was in. It would actually make sense if it was their own brand of food as to why he pushed so much.

As long as it's good stuff I don't mind, just found the whole thing a bit odd.

Advertisement