Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Friday 18th March 2022 Cheltenham Day Four Gold Cup Day & Fakenham, Doncaster, Wolves and Newcastle

• 16-03-2022 8:46pm

Haven't looked at GC yet - like a lot of renewals, it looks like the "trickiest one in years" 😆 "except this time, it may well be true,,, OY OY" ,,, Has two previous winners - Minella Indo & the top one in alphabetical order Al Boum Photo - in it, and none of them two is even fav! - as well as at least two former placers in this event in t'shape of A Plus Tard and Santini taking part,, Would like to see A Plus Tard ~ 3/1 win it for Rachael...

Mares Chase 4.50 Am currently siding with last year's unlucky 2nd, the fabulous filly ELIMAY @ ~ 2s here,, not given anything much of a look yet, but if ground dries out (like it's supposed/expected to) , then 2/1 is a fair price,, will probably back her tomorrow if 2s are available, as she's effective both on soft and good going,, more for interest really as cases can easily be made for several all of these,,,

hopefully any of us what's up at this stage will at least consolidate, and those of us behind will come with wet sail to bash them layers 😅

gluck all 😊

Comments

On that Mares' Chase, I think it's very tricky, and nothing can be ruled out,,, they all seem to have good form chasing, and at over this ~ 2 1/2m trip,,, but I will rule out all bar the top three in the betting, as the joint favs are ~ 2/1 , the 3rd fav @ ~ 4s , and 12s bar,,,

being as it's a Class1 i can only presume that the pricer uppers know that 1 of the favs will win,,, so will defer to them and try get the winner out of t'market principals,,

wanted to be on Elimay @ 15/8-2/1 , but the going is soft, so I think the other two Mount Ida and Concertista are the ones to be on,,

Can't fault Concertista's two chase runs, which were on soft and heavy going, so I'll prolly be on her,, Mount Ida has also won on soft and heavy going, and beat Elimay into second place lto,, I think Elimay is vulnerable @ ~ 2 1/2 miles at this level on soft ground, and mightn't be far away, but sadly, it's hard for me to see her win,,

two early picks for that race:

MOUNT IDA 2/1 Boyle's/Lads , CONCERTISTA 9/2 PP NAP

I think Concertista goes off at no bigger than 3/1 in this

GC

I think three jollies are vulnerable here on soft ground,,

went for a couple of bigger priced hopeful ones going e/w

pen landed on CHANTRY HOUSE 18/1 Lads , and AYE RIGHT 80/1 PP

Vauban to have a clean round of jumping and redeem himself vs. Pied Piper.

I'm on Chantry House ante-post in the Gold Cup at a miserable 12/1 but I couldn't resist a go on Al Boum Photo at 14s. I'm not overly gone on any of those at the top of the market and think we could have a very Photogenic ending.

Really like the cut of Elimay's jib in the Mares'. They were going righthanded when Mount Ida beat her at Fairyhouse. Mount Ida loves jinking right when jumping and now going lefthanded I think she will end up hopping into the ditch.

Vauban

Hiway One O Three (Fakenham 15.05)

Elimay

15/1 treble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Triumph.......Il Eitat Temps ew

County.........State Man / Colonel Mustard

AB.......Ginto / Shantruese ew

GC.......Galvin

Mares........Elimay

MP.......Hollow Games ew

GL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,514 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Asterion Forlonge 29/1 with PP so €5 e/w

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭blackcard

Ireland 11

UK 10

All to play for.

UK have had the advantages in handicaps. Ireland have won the main championship matches. Triumph form impossible to compare. If Ireland comes out on top in this, I expect them to win the GC and the Mares Chase. Uk to win the County Hurdle, Hunters Chase and Conditional Hurdle. Ireland to sneak it with the Albert Bartlett

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭howareyakid

1:30: Pied Piper 5/2

2:10: Tempo Chapter Two 25/1 e/w

2:50: Ginto 7/2

3:30: Galvin 3/1

4:10: Billaway 2/1

4:50: Concertista 9/2

5:30: Decimation 14/1 e/w

I’ll try these for the last day. Up enough to cover my bets for the day so will see if I can end up with a bit of profit. Concertista the main bet of the day — think she’s the classiest horse in the race. AB is unpredictable but Ginto could be a classy one as well and the Morans have knocked on the door a few times this week, and this could be their moment. Happy to back Galvin and will give the nod to the consistent Billaway, who’s very often been the bridesmaid, in what looks a winnable Foxhunters. GL all.

Post edited by howareyakid on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Teddyblue e/w triumphurdle, farout e/w countyhandicaphurdle, WIN Hilcrest, WIN aplustard e/w Protektorat, WIN Elimay, WIN HOollowgames

my luck is desperate this week I'm in a hole of 700+ at Chelt, luckily most of this was covered by my monday results...

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Jin luk

Going with,

Doctor parnassus in the triumph

Hillcrest

Protektorat

Elimay

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭costacorta

Galvin in GC for me having a big bet on here just hoping Davy won’t end up on floor again..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,016 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

13:30 Fil Dor

14:10 I Like To Move It & Dysart Diamond ew

14:50 Hillcrest

15:30 Tornado Flyer

16:10 Bob and Co

16:50 Concertista

17:30 Decimation ew

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Onlymatteroftime

1.30 Vauban, Icare Allen e/w

2.10 Colonel Mustard, Felix Djesy e/w

2.50.Hill Crest, Good time Johnny e/w

3.30 Galvin

4.10 Winged leader

4.50 Concertista

5.30 Langer Dan

No certs today, very tough calls.

Hopeful Davey can win on Galvin with Concertista in double.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,925 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Protektorat 12/1

pretty open race with lots of questions marks, going for the dark horse here, could be anything or might just blow if not settling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

My selections today

Vauban

i like to move it/ Dysart Diamond

minella cocooner (NB)

tornado flyer (nap)

winged leader

elimay

IA connect

NB and nap in ew double

gl today

West Cork and Irascible in County for interest,, hard to fancy much today

gl all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

1.30 Vauban

2.10 Cask Mate EW, Eclair de Beaufeu EW

3.30 Protektorat

4.10 Bob and Co

5.30 Langer Dan

Al Boum Photo into 8s...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭thefallingman

1.30 porticello e/w

2.10 mymatemozzie e/w

2.50 shantreusse e/w

3.30 galvin and minella indo

4.10 Dubai

5.30 Banbridge e/w

good luck all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Galvin @5.4 on Betfair.

Badly needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

Few beauts lined up for today.

1.45 Fakenham, the fav is on a dramatic drift but I'm not concerned. Coole well is around 8/11 and excellent value, very strong win bet.

2.0 Doncaster, Douglas talking, around 7/4,backed to win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

2.10 Cheltenham, West Cork, around 10/1 on the exchange. I've had a hefty e.w bet here, I actually think The horse will win quite well here. I don't like the fav in Tje race at all.

2.50 Cheltenham, hillcrest, around 9/4. Looks a solid win bet. I backed it in the shops this morning.

4.10 Cheltenham, billaway, around 15/8. Horse won't win in my opinion. Strong lay bet.

I think that was Gordon's seventh second of the week, four of them to Willie

Paul Nicholls and Dan Skelton have had only a third place finish each

Great finish from Coole Well. I thought he was well spent turning the bend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

Unbelievable confidence in my Billaway punt now that you’ve opened your mouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Backed The Nice Guy because of one of my favourite wrestlers growing up Razor Ramon 'the bad guy' who died this week

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Barrita

Gold Cup day and Paul Nicholls stable jockey is riding at Doncaster.....

I know he pulled a few over ground earlier in the week but normally he arrived to Cheltenham with a battalion.

Does he not care any more or have Ricci and O'Leary et al bought all the good horses in Ireland?

Some pilot Rachael !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,501 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

What a jockey.

Trailblazer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭rolling boh

no doubt she learned from last year .

A trailblazer, delighted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭redlad12

How did the Irish do overall this week? Haven't followed it till now, delighted with that gold cup result

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Up the Telegram!

15 winners so far,, Brits/everybody else has 10... 3 races to go,, Ireland win 'Prestbury Cup'

• Advertisement

Some roar there,, couldn't really hear it on telly,,, but when Rachael come up to the last on A Plus Tard, i almost wanted to be there 😁

brung a tear to me eye did Rachael in her interviews ,, what a jockey/person she is !! 🙌

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭redlad12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭howareyakid

What a race that was. Patrick seemed to be working on during the race – never seemed happy but what’s a finish! Also massive well done to Rachael in the GC!

no bets at all today - what with the going being a relative unknown (sure it was gonna be soft last night...) ...... in advance of proceedings,,,,

looks like it'll favour Elimay in Mares' Chase (4.50) - which should be on after GC imo (#or not) #should at least be on TTV anyhow, as should the Bumper...

honn ELIMAY!!

technically (am guessing) , and with a couple of 'dead-heats' , I suppose, and there's three 1st place finishers for Britain in last two races; then the current scoreline of 16-10 Ireland, could be equalled,,,, 😋

• Advertisement

I will name my first born Elimay if she does the business here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭CH3OH

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

What a last 200 by Elimay, cutting back to middle worked out brilliantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Coneygree

I swear you'll never see anything like this is ever again!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Barrita

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

anything like "this is" ever again ??

prefer 'Crazy World' meself :)

HON ELIMAY !!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Ginto added to the list of Horses - 4- that died at Cheltenham this week. Always a sad list in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Cheltenham has sold its soul to the once-off “experience” brigade. Vast majority now just there for a piss-up. Did you hear the football chanting today? Once it goes to 5 days it’s game over for the racing fans. 😢😢

How long until we have “Racing at Cheltenham, followed by Ronan Keating on the big stage!!” 😡😡

• Advertisement
Advertisement