Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The cubes beacon south quarter

• 15-03-2022 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Looking at apartment there, it seems fairly inexpensive for a 3 bedroomed penthouse… I know there were some fire safety issues in some of the blocks there, possibly them all. I believe they’ve been fixed and I will talk to the management company.

But has anyone here got any knowledge?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Ive a friend who has one leased to the council.

He has had numerous complaints from the neighbors, management company, even had the gardai called many times on them.

Management company threatened to sue him. he cant get any movement out of the council to do something about the tenant.

And he is stuck in the lease for the best part of the next decade. Neighbors have given up and are now selling.

Total disaster. So my advice is to check how many the council either lease or own and then see how you feel. Because if they put in a bad tenant its forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭AnnieinDundrum

I had a look at it, hard to judge as it’s in a real mess, filthy so hard to see if there’s mould from lack of cleaning or humidity issues, the miles of masking tape around the window frames indicated a sealing problem. Could be an expensive repair as there are a lot of windows.

the EA didn’t know if the fire safety issues were fixed or not and likewise the water leaking issues. I couldn’t see any water marks but the ceilings are very high so difficult to tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Jmc25

Usually if the EA "doesn't know" then you can assume the worst. Those issues have been widely reported so if they'd been resolved that'd be the first thing out of the EA's mouth.

Advertisement