Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended course (not online) course for communication, influencing, conflict, persuasion

Options
  • 14-03-2022 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭

Hi

Anyone recommend any 'classroom' (not online) courses/workshop in Ireland or UK for communication, influencing, conflict & persuasion?

Ta,

Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi.

After some research, I found these courses. Obviously Smurfit has an extremely good reputation, anyone did courses (not these specific ones) in either & how did you find them?

Smurfit:

Communication for results

Communication for influence and impact

UCD Professional Academy 'Professional Diploma in Effective Business Communication'

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭bs2014

I did a masters in Smurfit. Was the biggest waste of my time and money. You are sold a dream literally and made feel like you will walk into jobs for the rest of your days......It has not been helpful for me at all applying for jobs or being head hunted and in fact 1 employer told me he already had a smurfit employee and was reluctant to hire another one!! All the lecturers are academics and never worked a day in their life and never will. Just walk the campus grounds and you soon realise everyone from the lecturers to admissions to the careers office staff are all just marketeers. The campus has a majority portion of rich international students with rich daddys back home who have mediocre English and as a result the Irish students on each course are left doing the donkey work on all group assignments scrapping 2.1s for the internationals. Everything is bell curved and you are paying!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Then a gain perhaps you don't come a cross very well in an interview, with an attitude like that.......

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭bs2014

At least I can spell

Advertisement