Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blocked Drain

Options
  • 14-03-2022 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Have just completed fitting a new bathroom sink

Its an old house (150 years) and the waste out is an old copper (1.5 inch) that buried in the wall

Used a trap and a plastic elbow and a flexi connection to eventually connect the sink to the waste

Thought everything was working but the sink was very slow to drain

Much slower than before so thought that fact that it hadn't been used for a few weeks (as bathroom) was being done, that might have impacted it. I poured down some Mr Muscle unblocker that I had but now its almost completely blocked - it drains but takes hours.

Tried a plunger but doesn't do anything - tried baking soda and vinegar too

I used some plumbers mait when sealing the plug in the sink - could that cause a block later in the system and any way to clear it?

Could the Mr Muscle Gel unblock have made it worse as when from slow drain to basically no drain after using it?

Anything else that I can try please?

Thanks!

Comments

Advertisement