Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday 15th March 2022 Cheltenham Day 1

Options
  • 13-03-2022 11:06pm

Just in case 'poster no 1' 😃 aint around, have a couple picks early doors,,, 1st is outsider pick, and t'other is more solid as is unexposed over track/trip...

Southwell 8o'c DICK DATCHERY ~ 50/1 probable sp ew

has a chance on his November run at Newcastle over the same trip,, more of a 6f horse, and odds are he won't stay,, if he does, then being drawn low in stall 1 should help,, 1st run over C & D can see a line drawn thru it, as horse was drawn, and went, plenty wide, when he came 12th of 14 two runs back over t'track and trip..

The likely top three in betting - Daafy, Harvest Day and Trevie Fountain - all are recent winners and hard to overlook outright, but hard enough to make strong cases for any of them,, likely one or maybe two even, can and will go close, but it'll take better judge than me to make a gd argument as to t'finishing order of those 3 nags mentioned,, personally i think the 2nd and 3rd in 'probable sp' , Harvest Day and Trevie Fountain, have stronger claims than Daafy,, much of a muchness tho, and neither of the three are screaming out as likely winners, or placers even..

As well as Dick Datchery, i'll give a strong 'favourable' to Gay Kellaway's CRUNCHIE ~ 8/1 prob , who showed a big improvement on previous outings, when stepping up to 7fs at Lingfield (finishing 4th) on his lto outing.. those are me two early doors fancies.....

..........And i'll bump another pick put up by the poster Reidy, who's marching up rankings of late, in Sunday's (as i post, today's also) thread:

5,20 Southwell CITY ESCAPE 7s on the probable

gluck to us all 👊

Comments

mods or Russians? 😋

I don't know how 'Cheltenham Day 1' got into thread title,, at least not this quick,, pretty sure i didn't put it there 😲

oh aye,, fairy nuff so,,, not sure myself tbh,, we'll leave it at that so,,, i know ya'd thank this post if i could 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭munster87

I like Hms Seahorse in the boodles.

Following the past couple of runs and think this mark is fair. Decent run behind the tide turns two starts back. Receiving 9lbs now.

Won lto but not as impressive…workmanlike, second has won since though.

I think is a decent each way shout around the 12/1 mark

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

I’m still here Leffesem. I edited the thread title

I thought you were rambling away to yourself there leffesem! 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Xander10

So are we going to be void or a bit of Cheltenham banter or and some decent knowledge?

What's feck it up? New Boards or/and the over modding of andyman?

Credit Union & Confirmation money on Honeysuckle @4/6 in the Champion Hurdle.

Jon Bon @5/1 in the opener & Edwardstone in the Arkle @11/4 singles and a double.

Also a 32/1 treble.

there was method to me rambling in this instance !

me couldn't see any 'evidence' of 'third party' intervention (no 'edited by' in OP) , so felt obliged to 'bring it up myself',,,, anyway, all's cleared up now... needed saying tho,, this new site setup aint the most transparent at times,,

No fancies for me, but am interested in handicap for Irish trained winners,, was +/- 19.5 when i first heard it mentioned,, can't see any sign on what the handicap state of play is atm,, checked oddschecker, as i be betting in b & m shops, but to little avail :( If Ireland went to +/- 20 winners, i'd be tempted to go on the 'minus' side if 4/5 or bigger were available,, probably want 5/4 if it (handicap) was still at 19.5,,

will be hoping for a Jonbon and Edwardstone double early doors to get me "banker" off to a good start 😃

• Advertisement

Ultima 2.50 Cheltenham

Will go with OUR POWER 16s gen ew towards bottom of handicap here,, only 5 chase runs,, looks versatile as far as ground and running style goes,, 3rd lto over a fast track on gd-sft/gd in plcs at Kempton over 3m,, came 1st the time before that on soft-gd to sft in plcs ground over ~ 2 1/2m at Huntingdon,,, be a nice winner for t'Brits too 😃

wanted to make a case for Tea Clipper ~ 16s gen, but ground looks like it's a bit on t'soft side for him,,

only 2 i looked at, but @ 6 places (hopefully) e/w, no need to look at them all 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

These are my picks for day 1.

13.30 Jonbon

14.10 Saint Sam

14.50 Floueur

16.10 Burning Victory

16.50 Petit Tonnerre

17.30 Pats Fancy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Supreme.......Mighty Potter

Arkle........St Sam

Ultima........Ben Dundee / Fantasticas

Mares .......Queens Brook

Boodles HMS Seahorse / Feigh (66/1)

NHC......Run Wild Fred NAP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

My SCOOP6 picks: Jonbon/mightypotter, bluelord, doesheknow/flouer, stormyireland/tellmesomethinggirl, brazil/hmsseahorse/championgreen, runwildfred/vanillier

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ChampagneFever

1.30 Dysart Dynamo

2.10 Haut En Couleurs

2.50 Tea Clipper/Lostintranslation

3.30 Teahupoo

4.10 Stormy Ireland

4.50 HMS Seahorse

5.30 Run Wild Fred

Best of luck all 🤞

Edwardstone really shot up the hill last year in the county hurdle. Has looked great so far this year, 11/4 is skinny but I’ll have a bit at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,462 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

PaddyPower giving free €5 bet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Best of luck everyone. Enjoy and don't over commit if gambling.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,109 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Aside from a small Jonbon/Edwardstone/Honeysuckle treble, I have also done:

2.50: Kiltealy Briggs

4.10: Martello Sky

4.50: HMS Seahorse

All e/w at good prices.

I have also used my free €5 PP bet on Bell Ex One in the 16.50 (again e/w).

No rhyme or reason to them at all, and looking forward to a few pints more than anything.

I'm also on Our Power Leffesem, finished very strong in that run lto too

• Advertisement

1.30 Jonbon

2.10 Edwardstone

4.10 Mrs Milner

4.50 Bell Ex One (Paul Noonan were on t'telly last night 😊)

5.30 Vanillier

g'luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Anyone any recommendations for pubs in Dublin City centre to watch the week's racing.

Decent atmosphere, not really bothered about a bookies being near by.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭mick malones mauser

Dame Tavern is a good racing Pub

• Registered Users Posts: 85,462 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Grumpy Charley

Coeur Sublime

Kilcruit

Teahupoo

Echoes In Rain

5 euro e/w acc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

Honeysuckle in the champion looks a dead cert. I've already backed it to win. 8/11 is an astonishing price. Strongest bet of the festival for me.

In the 1.30 Dysart dynamo I've backed to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭blackcard

11/1 on the UK winning the Prestbury Cup. Handicapper being more favourable to UK horses after Ireland won 7 of 9 handicaps last year

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭howareyakid

1:30: Jonbon

2:10: Saint Sam

2:50: Does He Know e/w

3:30: Zanahiyr e/w

4:10: Queens Brook

4:50: HMS Seahorse e/w

5:30: Run Wild Fred

Looking forward to the week again as always. I'm really looking forward to watching the Champion Hurdle. Would love to see Honeysuckle win again but I think tomorrow will be a tougher race than last year. Think Zanahiyr might have a chance of placing and is an e/w price. Really looking forward to Queens Brook also. Backed her for the Bumper two years ago and got her at a slightly bigger price for tomorrow's race a few weeks ago. Price has shortened a good bit so hopefully she can justify the support. Good luck all!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

1:30: Jonbon

2:10: Saint Sam

2:50: Frodon

3:30: One of the younger horses to place, not sure yet.

4:10: Burning Victory

4:50: HMS Seahorse e/w

5:30: Pats fancy

Best of luck everyone. Enjoy the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Onlymatteroftime

1.30 Constitution Hill

2.10 Blue Lord

2.50 Full Back e/w

3.30 Epatante e/w

4.10Telmesomethinggirl

4.50 Prairie Dancer e/w

5.30 Run Wild Fred

All the best for today, some great racing!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Jonbon to start things off today.

Advertisement