Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wind noise in attic

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

The word is "hygroscopic", not "hydroscopic".

Do you have a proposed solution or line of investigation?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,787 ✭✭✭✭listermint

And it's something you won't see should you decide to insulate the rafters. Which is why the sofit ventilation is so important. Which is proof you don't actually think about what your posting and merely look at one aspect. But sure look...

I'm still intrigued on your solution here. Due to the high pitched wind noise the OP is getting .

Post edited by listermint on

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭C. Eastwood

The OP should stop taking any notice of some of the ridiculous off the wall solutions poster here.

The OP should retain a Chartered Building Surveyor to carry out a survey of the roof and try to ascertain the cause of the noise, and a solution to stop the noise.

Lumen.

I provided expert advice on the ventilation and Rot in an attic for the OP.

Over the years I have encountered a number of persons here in this forum that are pure critics of comments.

You probably read my advice on Wet and Dry Roy etc in the hope of finding some flaw that you can B!tch about.

I am delighted that you found a spelling mistake in my advice, and I hope that it made you euphoric.

Thank you for pointing out my spelling mistake to that OP, otherwise they may have ruined their entire roof.

I am so delighted that this is not a punishable offence. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

It's great that you're not taking this personally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭cycling is fun

Hi, thanks so much for taking the time to reply and for your advise, sorry about the pissing contest you were forced to take part in.

cycling is fun

Thank you for your kind comments, I appreciate same.

Yes, Peeing Contestants are very annoying. Mostly they offer no Advice /Help to the OP, and love criticising, people who do.

I did not offer any advice on the noise in your attic, because it would be necessary for me to carry out a survey of the attic and to hear the annoying noise, in order to find the cause.

A good Carpenter& Joiner or Building Surveyor should be able to locate the cause of the noise, which should be simple to stop once the cause is ascertain.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,787 ✭✭✭✭listermint

...Anyway the OP has a couple of options now. Best of luck hope you solve it.

Post edited by listermint on

Advertisement