Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeview recording box

Options
  • 08-03-2022 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Would a Freeview recording box work to record saorview in Midlands?

Madness there's not a decent saorview recording box at this stage

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,830 ✭✭✭✭muffler

It should. I have one but its almost exclusively used for recording BBC and UTV. I have recorded RTE in the past but just be aware that you can't series link the Saorview channels on it.

Post edited by muffler on

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭decor58

I had a Pansonic one a few years ago, it worked fine, the recordings were timed settings rather than from the epg. I went for Panasonic because you renumber the channels, other than that a Freeview Box will put Saorview channels in the 800's in no particular order

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭dermo2014

Yeah, using a Humax + box for years, assuming you have a good signal already.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

On another thread it has pointed out that if you set 2 timer recordings simultaneously from 2 different muxes re Saorview on a Panasonic recorder only one will record.

Way round this is to set manual recordings totally separate from epg. A bit of a pain admittedly but at least it works.

Advertisement