Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 1070 / wifi card query

Options
  • 05-03-2022 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭

Hi

Before I call in the big guns I am wondering if its something I can fix. Had to restart the Vodofond modem last night (not reset) as wifi was not working. Since then I am getting an error on my HKC keypad about wifi fault/ call engineer and when I try to log into the HKC App it tells me SecureComm cannot communicate with the system. I have the engineer code, is there anything I can check. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

If you go into engineer mode, communicators, wifi, can you disable and re-enable to see if it brings it back on line?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭BowWow

I have a 1070. Am in the habit of changing my Broadband supplier annually - this means I have to contact my alarm supplier to get them to connect the panel to the new wifi details. There is a cost associated with this.

Any way of doing it myself?

Also, is internet connection necessery for the 1070 to keep firmware up to date?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

You have 2 options:

Get engineer code and do it through engineer mode

Get manager menu set up with WIFI setup allowed

Both will allow you configure the WIFI yourself.

The connection is used for the app, can also be used to update firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Just because you get a new router delivered every time you change provider, doesn't mean you have to accept either the default WiFi password or the SSID it comes with. You just need to go into the settings on the router (there's usually a default user and password, change this as well!) and change them both to whatever you want.

That way you don't need to change anything on your alarm panel, or indeed any other device in the home such as phones, tablets, laptops etc. every 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭BowWow

Guys, thank you for coming back on this, also thanks to those that replied by pm. Only got back to the issue today. I had the Engineering Code and was able to follow the flow chart and connect it to my Wifi. Actually very pleased with myself 😊

altor - The manager set up idea, for Wifi connection purposes, is probably something that should be done by default nowadays.

Alun - A great idea, and like all great ideas very simple! Next time my son and son-in-law, both techies, are discussing Wifi, I'm going to drop that one in to the conversation...

Thanks again...

• Advertisement
Advertisement