Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shane Warne RIP

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

The look of pure befuddlement from Gatting is what got me every time. A combination of how..... and who ?

Just total shock hearing of his untimely passing this afternoon. Such an amazing player and the reason I got into cricket at all. I'd throw tennis balls and plastic golf practice balls up and down the hall or from one end of the sitting room to the other while watching the ashes in the summer time trying to spin the ball, all because of Warney. Then in later years, I used to use the name Shane Warne when playing the computer game Counter Strike and anytime I threw a nice grenade, I'd get my mates to say "Nice Bowling Warney!" Great memories because of a great player!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,592 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Not a good enough for Accrington:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,933 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Sky just had the Warne in a million Interview/documentary on. He was so open about everything (and I tend to believe him about his drug ban) and I think he probably really was what you see is what you get, I know he was friends with Kevin Pieterson but boy did talent and fame affect those two in very different ways. No time at all for KP, but I could easily imagine going for a pint with Warne. I'm surprised just how sad I am about him dying.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

Just saw Mike Gatting giving an interview, the man was at the receiving end of that 1993 ball yet they were great mates. It seems every opposing player is as gutted as the Aussie lads, shows how genuine he must have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,883 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Rip shane shocked. Way to early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,862 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’ve watched this repeatedly like 100 times since I posted it, it’s mesmerising me.

the ball doesn’t seem to pitch in rough, yet it spins vastly, fastly and furiously almost three feet from pitching to hitting, incredible…

• Registered Users Posts: 8 James M. Morales

The lion king of spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 James M. Morales

The lion king of spin.

Advertisement