Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

Netflix very laggy on Sony bravia

• 02-03-2022 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭ tom1ie

Hi all, as title suggests Netflix on my Sony Bravia smart tv has got very laggy to the point where it’s buffering on startup for 5 mins.

I have a tv box (minix) that I plug the Ethernet lead into and I’m getting at least 200mb speed. (virgin media).

The menu in the tv is fast and zippy so I don’t think the tv is the issue (you tube working fine for example)

Is there a way to clear Netflixs cache or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭ ozmo

Fully reboot tv - not just turn it off - remove power and wait a few seconds - then turn on and retry.

If that doesn't help - Uninstall Netflix would be the easiest thing to try first - then reinstall it.

After that - a full TV Reset and reapply all the app again.

After that - it's probably the latest version of Netflix auto applied to your tv and is just to big now to run on your tv - you could use an amazon firestick or similar.

Also - you didn't say - but use an ethernet cable to connect TV to Router - don't use wifi if you are.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,702 ✭✭✭ mikeecho

Does your TV have an ethernet port?

Can you use that.

I put my modem in the hotpress, and have a switch running cat 5e to all the TV's, and I also have unmanaged switches behind every TV, so I can connect the sat box, TV, Blu-ray etc.

Because of the ßhit location of the modem, I have a WiFi mesh system set up as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ ericfartman

How old is the TV?

Advertisement