Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beyond The Pale Festival - 10th-12th June - Glendalough

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 loughfad

Jeroboam 😅😅

• Registered Users Posts: 11 loughfad

Better start packing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Looks like thunderstorms tonight and rain all weekend. What a damper to the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Two and a half hours to leaving the house. Can’t wait for this.

Have a great weekend all those going :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Yeah, hope ye all have a great weekend lads. I'll say a little prayer to the rain Gods. Look forward to reading your reviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭Rfrip

have a great festival all…heading to body and soul myself…so annoyed over the weather but once we are up there with the first can open we won’t give a fcuk!

oh and let grace Jones be top of yere list!

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Say hello to Ballinlough for me @Rfrip - and have a great time.

Hopefully I’ll make it back there in 2024

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭RINO87

Enjoy everyone, looking forward to reading the reports. Hopefully b+s and BTP can happily co-exist on different dates next year 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭crl84

Provisional plan:

Friday:

Dope Lemon

Joy Orbison

For Those I Love

John Hopkins

Moduse, John Rundell

Saturday:

David Kitt

Little Dragon

Hot Chip

Leftfield/Oneohtrix Point Never

Sunday:

Lebanon Hanover

Squid

Just Mustard

Gemma Hayes

DJ Seinfeld/Max Cooper

Have a great festival everyone 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Ruanmcg

Looks like I’ll be seeing a lot of you! Keep an eye out for the ginger mullet 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Traffic in Dublin is bad beyond belief. Weather couldn't be much worse either!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Ah you know what i meant. The former is Hip Hop orientated while the latter isn't pulling up any trees yet. Something in the mould of B&S/BTP/ATN etc.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭pedrozeno

Bit of light rain earlier here. Grand now. A few spitty showers, but nothing too bad. Good buzz so far.

Haven't been to main arena yet so not sure on strictness of bringing booze through.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,207 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Up at the parents house for weekend near to the festival, I really hope all your tents are doing a good job this morning. And ye survived last night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭fourmations

Well lads, how goes it, is the site mush? What's the booze situation with the open drinks etc, how is it working

any feedback on the booze sitiuation, only down for the day tmw, trying to work out what to bring

like could i bring a litre bottle of coke laced with vodka say? a full bottle of red in a plastic bottle?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,368 ✭✭✭Fanirish

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Mazzy Star

They are most likely all in a K hole so I doubt they will respond to you.

theres goes that idea! is that a dead cert? cant see anything on the site about Sunday goers rules, it would be great if they told people that in advance

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭Stillill42

That's you back in your cage, @fourmations. Fanirish lives for this ****.

body and soul have it more expressly on their faq, but sure sane rule with EP. No booze with Sunday tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Security had been incredibly lax. I'd say you'd be grand bringing in booze on a Sunday ticket. And they've totally ignored the open container rule. They ask if you've any glass and that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

I'm probably not the best person to be reviewing BTP as I went down for just the latter half of today but really enjoyed this evening.

Pros:

Lovely crowd of all ages and great vibes

No queues for food and drink and great selection

Plenty of toilets

Ground not mucky despite Friday and the p1ss stayed away today

Grace Jones was, as ever, incredible

Cons:

Stages very close together. Bleedthrough from one to the other very loud and consistent

Poor signage in general and close to zero illumination on the way back to car parks and staff hadn't a clue where car parks etc were

I didn't like the location much. It doesn't have any character, unlike the EP site, Marlay Park or even St Annes Park. Drab and in the middle of nowhere and dodgy enough roads driving back in the dark

Would I go again - yes but only if there was a particular act I really wanted to see

Post edited by Mrs Shuttleworth on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭Toast

I thought it was a lot better than last year. The ground not being a bog helped. TBH on the Sunday it got too hot so I'm glad it wasn't three days of that.

The food places not being on top of each other was better and some real tasty stuff. Some shocking prices though. 15 euro is the new meal price apparently. They also did no favours with the beer. 7.50 a pop and it was random luck which you'd get (they're both IPAs lads one is Session IPA), and the pours were all over the shop into too small a cup (advertised as a pint but was a 500ml cup with a 400ml line they frequently missed).

Couple times everything was running late and a bug in the app kept telling me everything was on at 2 (my guess is this was the internal name of the festival). Some better internet and interactions from the team with updates would have helped.

Toilets were mostly grand. Urinals in the campsite would be handy.

I liked them having more guitar bands but I'd seen them all before, several at the Pillow Queens curated thing in Collins Barracks. Hoping for fresh faces for next year. Grace Jones was great and Christian Löffler was a stand out.

Will probably do it again if we don't get Glastonbury tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Ruanmcg

Wow, that was unbelievable. So much better then last year, the views of the scenery at the higher campsite were beautiful, seeing all the mist rising from the trees on Saturday morning was breathtaking.

Possibly the best crowd I’ve experienced at a festival, every single interaction I had was amazing and met so many cool people.

The big romance stage was one of the best I’ve experienced for dance music. It was way too quiet during the day, but for the night sets it was special, the fog machines and the spotlights illuminating the place when night fell was magic. I loved the way you couldn’t really see the DJ, people were facing each other and dancing instead of looking at the DJ, the way it should be which is rare these days. Mano Le Tough, DJ Seinfeld, Marie Davidson and Joy Orbison were all class. DJ Seinfeld played one of my favourite ever sets, an extremely emotional one.

Se7en inch collective, Melts and Jon Hopkins all also blew me away elsewhere.

10/10 experience overall though, the only world I can use to describe it was sublime.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 CorkScot

Quality weekend. Zombie-like in work today, but as always, was totally worth it.

Great vibes all weekend. Thought Hot Chip, Le Boom, Los B*tchos and Maribou State really brought the party. Late Friday night down the woods was quality also (can't remember name of that spot!)

Only disappointment was Squid. Was maybe expecting to be blown away, but wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Moose92

Any of ye guys use the bass camp pre pitched tents? If so how were they? Have them booked for ATN

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Seinfeld was absolutely magic. I'd love a copy of that set. Best few hours of the weekend for me.

Festival overall was genuinely incredible. Best crowd I've ever been in. Campsites were lively, but very friendly. No trouble at all. And at the stages, everyone was giving it socks.

Slightly older demographic I felt, the lineup definitely catered to that.

Layout was nice and compact, easy to get around.

Would be nice to have things going on a little later on the Sunday in all honesty. Rave in the woods wasn't great. Big Romance was the best set up for dancing, just a pity it couldn't go later.

Reminded me a bit of the first year of ATN. Will be back next year for sure, unless the capacity changes.

• Advertisement

Wouldn’t be surprised if capacity hits 12,500 next year

Advertisement