Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M3 Tolls

Options
  • 02-03-2022 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

I recently drove to Wexford on a lovely Motorway and realised that had I left from a house in Clondalkin I could have driven all the way there and back on a Motorway with no tolls to pay. Yet driving from Kells to Lucan I have to pay 3 seperate toll charges each way. How is this fair and how is there still 2 tolls on the M3 after this much time? There are also other long stretches of Motorway with no tolls.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

A good question, particularly if you live on the wrong side of the M50, plenty of other countries can manage exit charges instead of a single point charge like here but...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

I preaume the argument is that living in wexford is penalty enough, and people traveling there should receive a subsidy not have to pay a toll.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭chewed

I'm not anti-tolling, but still having 2 tolls on such a short stretch of the M3 is ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Always said work out the distance from one toll to the other with an average speed etc

If use either toll again within that window then its free (obviously the other toll, not the same one)

Advertisement