Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TFI Live - potential new Transport Planner App

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭noelfirl

There is, from what I can see, no information online about any form of early finish tonight...?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Apologies - my mistake re the early finish. I've corrected my earlier post.

I was thinking of previous years when it was 22:00 on New Years Eve - one gets conditioned to these things when it's been like that for almost all of my adult life. We have made some progress!

Yes I'd agree - I think if people could still see where buses physically are then that would be helpful, but beyond that is just not realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AX636

DB,Last bus is 22:00 but its upto driver's if the want to stay on for overtime

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

If that's the case then it's an absolute disgrace it hasn't been communicated to the public!

• Advertisement

But they have actually specfied the 24h services are running - it's not like it's just the last services at 23.00 that will be missed.

I mean it's a shame if buses end early on a big night out, but so long as it is advertised them fair enough. To actually lie about is just totally unacceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,399 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

App showing "no live departures" and "this service does not run on specific date" for all Limerick city buses today.

That's obviously it true as it is Sunday service today. Comes across as either laziness or basic incompetence with a computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭markpb

The TFI Live App doesn’t seem to be picking up Luas realtime data well at all. It showed a northbound departure from my Green line stop at 12:08 which was actually at 12:24. The tram I’m on isn’t showing in the app and it says the next one is at 12:34 which doesn’t match the platform displays at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,402 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Buses finished up about 8-9pm on new year's eve as well without any public notice, complete disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 28 The Mathematician

This is really a question about all apps, not just the TFI one.

On both the TFI app and Bustimes, the route of the S4 is shown entering/exiting UCD through the Richview-Newstead gate The S4 is actually using this route, but if you look at the tracking, then the buses are shown as going straight at the roundabout and using the Clonskeagh gate. These are actual buses not phantom buses (I was just there).

I always thought that the tracking was using GPS, but there is obviously something else going on here. Has anyone any idea of what?

It could be a GPS glitch - they do happen. The buses are tracked using GPS.

Similarly southbound 14s are shown as tracking via Oak Road near Donnycarney Church rather than staying on Collins Avenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭markpb

The route shown in apps is defined in the data feed from the NTA, it's not based on the actual location of the buses.

Perhaps it is a GPS glitch, next time I am there I will check if the GPS on my phione shows my correct location.

I was thinking that there might be a route programmed in the system somewhere (not the one shown on the apps) and buses are shown going along this route even if the GPS shows they aren't.

The location of a bus is shown based on GPS, and in both of the examples above when the bus is at those locations they appear in the wrong place.

The routes are correctly shown on the maps in the apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭p_haugh

In that instance, the NTA dictated that the S4 is routed via the Newstead gate. The 4 times I've taken it so far, the driver has done that route. But I have heard that some drivers are unhappy with that routing due to the tightness of it, so they skip that section and go straight out the Clonskeagh Gate. That's most likely why some buses track as going straight at the roundabout.

To be honest I wouldn't blame them, it's a wild routing. Drivers leaving UCD have to go around the roundabout, serve the sports centre bus layby (even if no passengers are boarding/alighting), then go back around the roundabout once more to go to the turn for the Richmond exit. Complete waste of time imo.

No, that is not the reason (at least in this case), I was actually there, the bus went one way and the tracker showed it going another.

No I think you’re getting the wrong end of the stick. The point is that the OP was physically on the bus and looking at the app when it said that the bus was on the road towards the Clonskeagh gate.

I have also been on an S4 that physically was using the Newstead gate but the GPS put it as being on the road towards the Clonskeagh gate.

It happens to every S4, like the 14 at Oak Road - it must be a GPS glitch.

As to your other point, while I’d sympathise with the drivers, taking the Clonskeagh gate would be a big no-no as it would mean missing a stop on Clonskeagh Road.

The Clonskeagh gate is closed from Midnight to 07:00, which would cause problems in the early mornings,while Newstead is open 24/7.

They need to add another stop at the sports centre so that there is one for each direction. They implemented the route without really thinking of the logistics.

Post edited by LXFlyer on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭halfpastneverr

Any reason Dublin Bus GPS location has been down the last 2 days? Go Ahead's is working fine. Can't find any tweet on DB or TFI acknowledging it. So shoddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Thanks. I came on here to ask about this. It's not working on bustimes.org either so not an app issue I guess. I think it was happening last week as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Polar101

Ah, I thought it was an issue with bustimes.org, but guess not. No Dublin Bus buses are showing on the map, but Go-Aheads' and Bus Eireanns' are.

Dublin Bus seems to be tracking again on some buses as of today, but all buses tracking seem to be under new tracking IDs?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Lightleader78

Is anyone else having trouble to plan a trip on the TFI live app? Within the last few weeks I have tried to do plan a trip on the app, but it is it can not do it. I have be able to do it last year, what has changed on the app?

And no tracking once again on DB services this morning. This issue is far too frequent in recent times. DB say it's nothing to do with them. TFI say it's down to the operator.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭StreetLight

There always seems to be an outage like this very soon after a system update. And there was an update yesterday.

It’s back up and running again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭VG31

The live bus location is available in Google Maps now.

• Advertisement

Looks good

Even shows the locations of all busses for each route due to serve a stop!

The issue of services showing their full duty for the day rather than just the route map for that particular service is still present however.

Advertisement