Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thermostat on cylinder upstairs to wirelessly switch a contactor downstairs

Options
  • 01-03-2022 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

Did any of you ever hear of such a thing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

When I had a horse and cart maybe. It’s smart systems now.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭2old4dacold

I’m using a smart system but the SEAI are not happy with it because if the hot water is left set to “on”, there is still power to the boiler until it cuts out on the boiler thermostat. (Obviously I don’t leave it set to “on”, I use “schedule”.) It’s an upgrade in an older house and I’m trying to meet their requirements without ripping the house up. If you had the name of one in use in the horse and cart days that would be a huge help.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Nothing too difficult there. Most electricians and some plumbers or boiler techs would do this. You might need somebody registered with SEAI to avail of any grant for this.

MOD NOTE: You could post this question in the Electrical forum also, it's probably more suited to there. I will leave this open here also.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

EPH Ember pack system, end of story.

Advertisement