Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing to pellet stove!

Options
  • 21-02-2022 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Hello,

We are thinking of changing our solid fuel stove for a wood pellet room stove (no backboiler) Does anyone know the best brand, especially in terms of noise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Forge83

Ravelli would be fairly high end and have a silent model. MCZ also but not many suppliers of either.

Klover starting to become very popular also.

Extraflamme or Kalor would be the two most common budget friendly models but possibly not the quietest.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭starlight09

Thank you for replying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

Pellet stove is dinosaur. Air to water is what you want, think of the next generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

I don't mean to take over this thread but I was just about to post about a concern I have with me stove, one of the brands mentioned by forge.

In general my stove is a good room heater but it is dependent on the quantity of pellet. Some are just crap.

As for the stove, I've had issues with mine,pm me if you wish to know the brand.

The issue I was going to post about was, I am trying out a new brand of pellet today for the first time. I set temp to 18 on fan 2 to start up. Five minutes later the whole chamber was engulfed in flames like I'd never seen before. I pressed off and it really seemed like a battle for the stove to extinguish the flame. Was very concerned for a few minutes. Could it have been the different pellet brand?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

This is the ash tray after it shut down. I never saw black pellets like that before. I am in the process of starting it up again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement